Dunlop Mutant Tire

Good point -- Shinkos are still a screaming bargain. Going from $120/set to $180 for my vintage bike stings, but not as bad as it might on more expensive rubber.

FWIW, they're still sitting in the garage, and I can report that my Dunlop Mutants were both born in France.

And my last set of Dunlop RoadSmart IIIs were made in Japan. 

And the Bridgestone AX41 dual-sport tires on my KLR650 were also made in Japan.

The Shinkos on my vintage Suzuki GS850G were made in Korea, as expected.

Several times I've installed fronts and rears from top-tier brands that were made in different countries. I've never noticed that it made any difference. But some people get very, very weird about motorcycle tires.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 FJ-09, among other things. Co-Host of The Riding Obsession, a Sport-Touring Motorcycling Podcast

3 hours ago, bwringer said:

The Shinkos on my vintage Suzuki GS850G were made in Korea, as expected.

My dad had an 81 and 82 GS850G when I was a kid. Amazing bikes but both of his used oil so he sold them and went back to Honda’s. Such a great machine otherwise. 

• Supporting Member
On 9/28/2024 at 8:33 AM, bwringer said:

And Kenda, previously infamous for absolutely terrible motorcycle tires, has released the new KM-1 sport-touring tire which performs quite well for very little money.

...and I have taken the bait, thanks to... @jthayer09 😁. I've read positive things elsewhere.

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif