Can I replace the dash on my 2016 Tracer?

N1ghtr0d

So I'm picking up a 2016 Tracer in the next week or so and the only company I have so far is the dash is monochrome but the newer models have a full colour tft dash. 

Is there any possibility of replacing the monochrome dash with the colour one or possibly even an aftermarket dash? 

• Supporting Member
32 minutes ago, N1ghtr0d said:

Is there any possibility of replacing the monochrome dash with the colour one or possibly even an aftermarket dash? 

Short answer; No and No. 

Even though the 'old school' screen on the FJ is monochrome, it is large and very easy to read.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm all for adding stuff to personalise and make your bike more suited to your requirements but am also a practical sort of person. I opted for a two year old 7.000 mile pre loved tracer two years ago after test riding a new GT model. I had the funds there to buy the new GT but coudn't justify the extra cost to myself. I have added a few useful, practical or functional accesories (apart from the beak thats purly aesthetic) but woudn't think about changing the dash. It displays the stuff you need to know and changing it won't improve the riding experience so when the weather improves get out and enjoy the bike. I have no regrets about the direction I took when I bought mine.

PS if it's something a wee bit different you want then go for it as I said i'm all for making the bike yours.

• Thumbsup 4

I think the dash is kind of important for me.  Chose the GT because of that and other features, but that was one that I knew I wanted.  Not to break from the thread, but the 2021 model dash turns me off.  Would have to see it in person, but first impression is uh-uh.

• 9 months later...

Resurrecting this topic for a different reason... my dash somehow managed to get water in it. Its really obnoxious as it sits bubbled or streaked across the screen. I have some on both sides of the screen, the main panel as well as the right side. Is it safe to try and open it up and reseal it somehow? 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, OnePuddleUnder said:

Resurrecting this topic for a different reason... my dash somehow managed to get water in it. Its really obnoxious as it sits bubbled or streaked across the screen. I have some on both sides of the screen, the main panel as well as the right side. Is it safe to try and open it up and reseal it somehow? 

Had mine replaced under warranty.

17 hours ago, OnePuddleUnder said:

All my Hondas never did this, I've owned 2 Yamahas and both do this.☹️😡

When I had my FZ-07 I found a spider under the glass one day! 

Took it apart, evicted the spider, cleaned the inside glass and re-assembled. 

Installing the dash is part of the un-crating of the FZ-07 and the bozos attached the wire connector but didn't fold the rubber insulator over right. This is where the dash also breathes through. That FZ-07 would slightly fog the lens in the cool seasons till I traded it.

My FJ-09 is now slightly fogging now too. I'll be taking its dash apart this winter.

My only question is what treatment to put on the inside glass to stop this. I waxed the FZ-07, not the answer.

There are videos of dash removal/disassembly for the FZ-07, FZ-09, etc. but I haven't seen any on the FJ-09. I'm sure it's the same.

Keep in mind, any replacement of the whole dash will reset your mileage to zero.

Edited by peteinpa

• 3 weeks later...

It can be done .

Right now i'm in a middle of a project like that.

In order to replace your screen you need :

1. Full wire harnes.

2.Left and right control switch on the handlebar.

3.New ECU - GT version.

4.Your new LCD screen...

Hope it helps someone..

Edited by ilanr1
  • Thumbsup 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/29/2021 at 12:08 PM, ilanr1 said:

It can be done .

Right now i'm in a middle of a project like that.

In order to replace your screen you need :

1. Full wire harnes.

2.Left and right control switch on the handlebar.

3.New ECU - GT version.

4.Your new LCD screen...

Hope it helps someone..

any updated on this? did you finalise the project?

thanks,