MPG Tracer 900gt

• Premium Member

This has been an occasional topic. If you search for MPG you will find that your results are much higher than what most riders report.

I find that the fuel mileage I get is highly dependent on my average speed, and whether or not I maintain a constant speed. If I am on a rural road stuck behind a long line of SUVs going a steady 55 mph then I can get 60 mpg. If I vary my speed to include speeds well over 70 then my mileage drops into the 40s. I get about 44 mpg if I ride a steady 75 mph.

Many riders who prefer to ride the FJ09/Tracer like the sport bike it is report mileage in the low 40s.

• Thumbsup 2

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Supporting Member
43 minutes ago, Lawrance said:

😄😄😄I have been getting 60-65 MPG from my gt900

Would be interested to know if anyone else is getting these figures

Not even close.  ...and no fair coasting down hill all day, that's cheating. 😄

Seriously though, over 4 years I have averaged about 44-46mpg.  My F-Trip is usually blinking by 190 miles but on occasion I have had it come on much earlier. 

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

60+ mpg is pretty impressive mileage.  I can say with a high degree of certainty that I’ve never gotten remotely close to that figure.   

I’ve never reset the Fuel Avg on my FJ, so (unless it automatically reset when I changed the battery) that’s 42.7 mpg average over about 19k miles.   

3104BA8B-F115-41F1-B11B-2736FC4A7B93.thumb.jpeg.9dccabe544185bed5d0ba5927d0f4e0a.jpeg

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Lawrance said:

😄😄😄I have been getting 60-65 MPG from my gt900 which is much better than the manufacturer claims I do use high grade fuel. Would be interested to know if anyone else is getting these figures 

Welcome to the forum Lawrence. You need to twist that throttle and have some fun with your GT, those high MPG numbers are not healthy>:D

• Haha 2

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
22 minutes ago, Lawrance said:

Did not think I was doing bad for a 73 year old and 6,000 miles a year

Not bad at all!  That’s more miles than I’ve been averaging per year.  As long as you’re enjoying yourself, that’s all that matters. 

• Thumbsup 1

After 2000 miles on my Tracer since I picked it up back in early June, I've gotten 55 mpg(+or-) with all types of riding - freeway, twisties, and city streets.  I'm not hammering the throttle all the time, but do grab a handful when needed. All in all, I'm as happy as a calf in clover with the fuel consumption.☺️

• Thumbsup 1

I have been so impressed with the fuel consumption of the Tracer since I got it last July. The several times I have made a point of checking I have on a few spirited faster runs seen around 54 MPG, average on bike display yesterday sat at  64.3 MPG and on my recent tour a steady 170 mile day of mainly single track roads and about 70 miles on faster roads at or above 70MPH saw a sat nav mileage confirmed 68 MPG. (all numbers with UK gallons).