sw motech bars ,39l yamaha case

How do you like that windscreen from Ermax?? It looks good.
Ermax looks good  but other than that it doesnt do much for me I'm 6'3"  and still getting a lot of wind buffeting in any position if i drop my seat down and  tuck  my head like a turtle  then I'm in a perfect bubble  i think I'm 3 inches too tall for it :)  , thinking about adding  clip-on spoiler , i had to move handlebars to its original position because of those  huge  hanguards banging at a  bigger ermax  screen  ,  but I'm keeping it anyways for now till  something better comes up , i like the look of it

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Do you think we need engine covers after installing these? I just installed mine and can't tell if the engine casing will touch the ground in the event of tip-over or low side.  

I can answer that from tipover experience.  Yes, clutch and stator protectors are useful even with the SW Motech crash bars.  I am not sure if they would touch down without protection, but the Woodcraft sliders did get scratched up a little bit. 
Hope that helps.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• 4 years later...
  • Supporting Member
41 minutes ago, Sonichives said:

Nice pics, which slator cover are those? On the right side of the bike ? Thanks and I know this is an old post!

What are you referring to?  the Clutch is on the right side and the stator is on the left.  There are no covers in the photos, that is exactly how the 2015 bike is delivered from the factory.

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

The partial, slotted cover on the clutch side engine-cover (rhs) on Gen 1 Tracers is absent on GTs (see the OP's first  photo).   Given that it covers only the upper rearmost quadrant of the clutch cover it appears to be less of a damage-limiting guard than something else - but what else: maybe a heat-shield?

I'm sure that the aftermarket covers/ guards available on E Bay would help minimise if not avoid altogether unsightly scratching and minor damage to the alternator (lhs) and clutch (rhs) covers on the bike, but only, I'd suggest, in the case of a low- or no-speed drop.

Looking at these items on E-Bay they appear similar if not identical, differing only in the brand stickers applied: I suggest they all come out of the same factory in China.

I have on order a set of the Siriuss Moto brand covers, as a four (4) piece set, at about AUD$135.00 - see pic below.

The items in the set are the clutch cover and timing case cover (both rhs): and stator cover and water pump cover (both lhs).

P1060045.JPG

Edited by wordsmith
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.