Rear brake light wireing

Hi I want to add a LED brake light to my top box which has 2 wires,one red and one black,having looked at the wireing on my GT it has 3 wires one blue,one yellow and one black,and iam not sure which 2 I should wire into? Has anyone any experience with this?

Many thanks graham

The brake light wire is yellow.   I'll be doing the same shortly...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

8 hours ago, Clicknow said:

Would you say this is correct? As don't want to blow any fuses!

Regards Graham

If in doubt - as you clearly are - why not check with your local dealer?

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Yes that’s correct. 

You won’t blow any fuses unless you touch the yellow or blue wire to metal, or to the black wire. 

Besides it’s better to blow a fuse than witness a wiring harness going up in smoke because it wasn’t fused...

-Skip

33 minutes ago, skipperT said:

Lovely diagram there, Ruenjou, however without showing which switch operates the brown and yellow wires, your pic needs further explanation for how you came to the conclusion that you did...

-Skip

Haha. 95 is the tail light connector. Yellow wire goes to the rear brake switch while brown wire goes to ignition switch. Black is ground... 

Archived