Fix a flat?

• Premium Member

I got a Dynaplug kit that came with the inflator I linked below.  I got to patch my tire in the work parking lot when it was completely flat.  This one is small and fits under the passenger seat with the rest of the repair kit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F6I4222/ref=psdc_155346011_t2_B00GRS2Y0I

Edit to add:  The red cap in the picture allows you to check tire pressure without disconnecting it from the valve stem!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

It's a bit spendy, but for my money, this kit will get you home and then some. Battle tested in a thunderstorm on the Dalton Highway. Plugging instructions are laminated plastic, so no worries in a rainstorm. Fits nicely in my Ventura Sport tailpack. And, no, I did that ride on a Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom, not the FJ.

CP-COMBO-2T.jpg
WWW.PASHNITMOTO.COM

Compact Travel Air Compressor for Motorcycles and Sport-Touring Travel Motorcyclists

Have used the Stop N Go kit many times but have since switched to sticky strings as they've done the job a couple times when the mushroom style didn't want to seal. I always carry sticky strings, cement, reamer/insertion tool, inexpensive inflator stripped of its clam shell and setup to power direct from battery, and a small bottle of shampoo/soap to help locate small punctures that can be difficult to locate. Have used many times. 

Fix a flat would be a last resort as it leaves a big mess.  

On 3/22/2019 at 5:34 AM, peporter said:

It's a bit spendy, but for my money, this kit will get you home and then some. Battle tested in a thunderstorm on the Dalton Highway. Plugging instructions are laminated plastic, so no worries in a rainstorm. Fits nicely in my Ventura Sport tailpack. And, no, I did that ride on a Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom, not the FJ.

CP-COMBO-2T.jpg
WWW.PASHNITMOTO.COM

Compact Travel Air Compressor for Motorcycles and Sport-Touring Travel Motorcyclists

+1 on the stop & go. The mushroom plug let's me use up the reminder of tire w/o any issues or feeling unsafe. I swear by this kit!

Archived