MISSION POSSIBLE? - RE-NAME THE TRACER

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member
I abandoned the idea and had some simple and cheap but tasteful metallic gold stickers made up.   They chimed very nicely with the gold fork and the gold wheel-rim stickers, along with some discreet gold pin-stripe on the body of the bike and again on the painted panniers, to give them a bit of a visual 'lift'. 
Pic below shows not very well the effect.

P1040367.jpg

I like the subtle gold highlights that you added, I did the same thing to my red FJ with silver striping.

Silver1.jpg

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I know a cool name for my tracer. It's 'pain in the ass' literally... rofl.png
I like it, and scribbled a cuppla acronyms that may suit: 
The
rider’s
ass
chafes
extremely
readily

Typical
rider
ass
comfort’s
extremely
rare.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Impossible. I own a 2019 Tracer GT. I like the name, I like the logo. I love the bike. Go find some other cause that doesn't mess with what I bought. If it bothers you that much go sell your bike. Oh, and cheers.
Good luck with your new GT, mikerbikerr - they haven't yet appeared in any numbers here.    
I fear that you are over-reacting to an innocent comment and subsequent question that started 'there has been some puzzlement at the 'Tracer' monniker...'
No reference to the bike or the logo, just the name.

Check your BP and go and have a good lie down...

Oh, and cheers...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
How about the Yamaha "Triple 900 GT?"

Hmm . . . 

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

Hmm . . . 

'900 Triple GT'?   Triple 900 = 2700, innit? 
On the same theme I had thought of 'Tricer', being a play on the triple and Tracer, combined, until I realised that Cockneys in Sarf Lunnon would pronounce 'Tracer' as 'Tricer', innit.   Most Brits will know whereof I speak!

• Supporting Member
Hmm . . . 

'900 Triple GT'?   Triple 900 = 2700, innit? 
On the same theme I had thought of 'Tricer', being a play on the triple and Tracer, combined, until I realised that Cockneys in Sarf Lunnon would pronounce 'Tracer' as 'Tricer', innit.   Most Brits will know whereof I speak!
Aw, crap... the "2700" will never work.  Sorry about that. 
Maybe the "900 Triple GT" or the "900 GT?"  Or, something else that totally escapes my simple mind at the moment.  I'm gonna go to the garage and sit and stare at my GT until I feel enlightened...

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

well to be honest, the forum has built the "GT" long before Yamaha officially released a "GT" version of the FJ-09(us)/Tracer 900(eu), only to be upstaged by a fancy color dash, slightly longer swingarm, 2 more modes of TC...whoopty doo!!

after all the FJ-09 is a FZ-09 in a gentleman's blazer, dont be fooled by its "old fuddy duddy looks" ... *imitates the 7500 rpm Launch Control limiter* ?

can we just call em by the unofficial adopted "MK" identifier?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

What I want to know is how Yamaha gets away with calling it the FJ/FZ-09, XSR900 or now 900 Tracer/GT? The engines displacement is 847cc's. I guess the Japanese are generous rounder uppers.

GT847?

My Honda Hawk GT is a 647. On the cowling is "GT647". I can't say I really like it. But it's a contribution. :)

Impossible. I own a 2019 Tracer GT. I like the name, I like the logo. I love the bike. Go find some other cause that doesn't mess with what I bought. If it bothers you that much go sell your bike. Oh, and cheers.
And a warm welcome to the forum. You're going to love it here.  lol8.gif

• Premium Member
What I want to know is how Yamaha gets away with calling it the FJ/FZ-09, XSR900 or now 900 Tracer/GT? The engines displacement is 847cc's. I guess the Japanese are generous rounder uppers.

GT847?

My Honda Hawk GT is a 647. On the cowling is "GT647". I can't say I really like it. But it's a contribution. smiley.png

FJ/FZ 08, XSR850, GT850 would be more accurate....

Let’s go Brandon

GT847?

My Honda Hawk GT is a 647. On the cowling is "GT647". I can't say I really like it. But it's a contribution. smiley.png

FJ/FZ 08, XSR850, GT850 would be more accurate....
I fear, dear chaps, that you are missing the point here, which is the name Tracer, rather than its numerical capacity designation. 
F'rinstance (showing my age!) we have Bonneville, Dominator, Nighthawk, Blackbird, et al.   No reason why a numeric should not be added to show the bike's capacity, e.g. Tracer 900, but the Tracer word/ name is what's under the microscope here.   As noted in my OP, the name seems a bit obscure for a motorcycle, a bit off-target.   Or at least, that is my IMHO and possibly that of others.

Therefore, you were asked to create a new name, a bit more appropriate, relevant, meaningful, whatever.   You will all agree that this is a matter of universal interest and importance at this time in world events...

Archived