yamaha comfort seat

I have the Yamaha Comfort seat on my FZ-07 and I will say its way firmer material with a soft 2in wide landing strip in the middle... It makes for a nice track bike seat, thats about it...

invest in some nice padded pedal bike shorts...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Premium Member
I have the Comfort seat and I find it to be better than the OEM, but perhaps not my final solution, time will tell.

I thought the OEM was a "showroom floor" seat, it's narrow in the front, and tilts forward towards the tank.  Both features that help prospective buyers reach the floor while the bike is on the showroom, but not good for riding.  The Comfort seat is better in both respects but still tilts forward a little, otherwise, I think it is, indeed, a "comfort seat".  I am going to stick with it for a while and see how I feel about it in a couple of thousand miles.

The pictures were taken with a tripod to really get an appreciation of the difference in shape of each seat.
Seat_Comfort.jpg

Seat_OEM.jpg

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

• Premium Member
@runnerhiker - Nice garage! Or perhaps your wife is really tolerant of parking your bike in the kitchen... smiley.png

No kitchen tools visible!  It must be my garage.  Actually, it's a 3 car garage with only one double door, so one garage spot is not accessible by the driveway, so one spot is 100% for me, my bikes, and a little working space.

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

Thanks. i thought that might be he case. i had a sargent seat on my versys done by spencer moto care which transformed it to all day vs. one hour comfort. when i called him about doing the tracer gt seat ( which is much better stock than versys stock ) he said it looked very close to fj 09 seat which for some reason he won't work on. he is going to look at in october when they have a big bike demo in florida, hopefully he can give it a try. i know it might cost the manufacturer a little more, but if a one man shop in florida has figured out how to make seats comfortable why does it seem that that they can't - especially in bikes over 10K

do you know if the comfort seat has gel in it? maybe the two ridges ? spencer called his local yamaha dealer who didn't seem to know, and my dealer doesn't have any in stock to look at. he doesn't work on seats with gel, but if not there might be more for him to work with than stock seat

do you know if the comfort seat has gel in it? maybe the two ridges ? spencer called his local yamaha dealer who didn't seem to know, and my dealer doesn't have any in stock to look at. he doesn't work on seats with gel, but if not there might be more for him to work with than stock seat
I didn't open up the seat, but I don't think there was gel inside the comfort seat for the GT. Didn't feel like it.

Gel is supposed to be quite bad for comfort seats. Stays hot if left in the sun

• 1 month later...
Hi I have just bought a Tracer 900GT with a comfort seat fitted, my missis has not tried it yet but it does look like there are two gel pad sections in it, I will get her opinion on this seat as soon as we have been out for a spin.
Blue42

• 4 weeks later...
I now have the heated comfort seat on my 900GT.  The stock seat lasted only 600 miles, before I was determined to get heat and hopefully some additional comfort.

So far (1800 miles), the heat definitely works well.  In terms of comfort, it is not night and day better than the stock seat- but there is some improvement. I would not say it is worth the big dollars involved, but then again- most factory accessories are overpriced.

Now I am on to ordering some Euro market LED blikers, and the "touring footpegs" listed on the UK site for Yamaha.

Onward....

Archived