Planning to buy a used FJ-09

• Supporting Member
Switch: one of the 2 leads wasn't connected. So fixed in a few seconds. I might look into securing things a little better (weather wise) by removing them and adding some heat shrink tubing a little higher, and/or using some self-fusing silicon tape to wrap around. 

Glad to hear that it was a simple fix and you didn't need to take it back to the dealer.

In typical PNW fashion, summer starts AFTER July 4th, get out there and enjoy the new ride.  I am hoping for an indian summer, last year I was able to enjoy multi-day road trips through the end of October!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Switch: one of the 2 leads wasn't connected. So fixed in a few seconds. I might look into securing things a little better (weather wise) by removing them and adding some heat shrink tubing a little higher, and/or using some self-fusing... 

***Snip***

No need for heat shrink. If the wiring harness side connection is loose on the switch, just squeeze the end of the connector a tiny bit with a pair of needle nose pliers, and re-attach.

A common mistake is to insert the connector onto the switch and not get it into the metal spade connector - then it’s only being held to the switch terminal with the rubber “bootie”, instead of being secured properly by the female side (harness) of the “spade” connector.

HTH

-Skip

Archived