thinking of trading for a Suzuki GSX-S1000

Guest kernowjim

Guest kernowjim
Hows your grip on the bars? Is your upper body loose? Have you tried rotating your handle bars a bit? If your ergo's are wrong it could put pressure on the wrong spot(s).
The most noticeable vibration is about 4500rpm and upwards, feels right through the centre of the bike from the seat/fuel tank area.  As far as i know I'm not gripping the bars too tight 

Good way to check if your grip is too tight, keeping your palm pressed against the bars, extend your fingers. Obviously much easier clutch side than throttle side. Throttle side may you to do this experiment throttle closed. But since the vibrations are coming from down under.... Is the tank loose? Maybe an aftermarket seat might help? IIRC, you're UK so I'm not sure how obnoxious it would be for you to get a seat.

'15 FJ09

Yes triples vibrate, but how many miles do you have on it ? My bike really didn't smooth out completely till 6000 miles. Also do you wind the gears out and use the top part of the tach alot ?On my bike 3th gear vibrates more than 4th so I find my self using 4th in the twisty s. I own a GXS1000F , great bike but it really is a sporty bike. The FJ is more comfy and the bike I take on long trips.

look into replacing the front sprocket with an aftermarket one... stock ones dont let chain roll nicely due to the rubber noise damping disc...

vibrations when from an odd clunky rhythm to a nice smooth vibration...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

MY FJ 09 has more vibration than my FZ 09 had. It seemed to get worse as I added miles and around 30K I installed 2" high handlebar stems and these ROX risers: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rox-anti-vibration-elite-2-pivot-risers-for-1-18-handlebars
I only notice the foot peg vibration when on my balls of my feet and haven't done anything about it. I used to have real heavy bar ends, but got rid of them when the ROX risers where installed. I have noticed, as you, the vibration is worse over 4500 rpm and usually decreases above 7000 rpm, but the wind noise and buffeting get worse so I spend most of my time when the engine is vibrating the most. My issue is solved with the risers. I also ride a 4 cyl. bike, 05 FJR, and experience a vibration issue that I try to suppress with bar ends. Follow you heart as the feel is the most important issue. Your gut will lead you well.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Also look at changing gas, i changed from Chevron 94 to Shell 91 and it reduced my vibrations a lot.
Looks like the OP checked out, probably decided to get that Suzuki and said to hell with them Yamaha people.
BLB

• Premium Member
Also look at changing gas, i changed from Chevron 94 to Shell 91 and it reduced my vibrations a lot.
Looks like the OP checked out, probably decided to get that Suzuki and said to hell with them Yamaha people.
Oops 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Archived