Question for Corbin seat lovers

From my own personal experience, Corbin saddles are fantastic. I first discovered Corbin Saddles when, in 1997, I purchased a used Kawasaki KZ550 LTD that the previous owner had a Corbin made for. Many years later (different bike), I ordered a "basic" (all black) Corbin online. Three weeks ago, I bought a new 2017 FJ-09, and decided it was finally time to go all the way...time for the "ride in" treatment. Thankfully, living in San Jose, CA, the ride to Hollister was only 50 minutes. I am COMPLETELY happy with the job they did, and the seat is 1,000% better than the stock seat. My only "complaint" (albeit a VERY minor one) was that, due to them being short-handed that day, I spent the majority of the day there. Thankfully, the Wizard's Cafe has good food, at reasonable prices.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tail rack, for a top case? If so, yes. I have corbin seat and top case without issue.
Awesome! Factory Yamaha rack? I also have givi side bags so I'm wondering if I'll have any trouble with the 3 working together.

• Premium Member
I've got SHAD topcase / rack. I don't have any side cases, but I doubt you'll have trouble.
I have the shad side cases, no problems at all - they even come with the locks - unlike the Yamaha cases

• 4 weeks later...
I love my Corbin. For me it is all day comfortable and I like how I can shift my riding position backward into the pocket and forward up to the tank. However, I don’t have my FJ-09 to try to drag my knee as a street GP pro. I move around some in the twisties but don’t try to do an impersonation of Marc Márquez on the street.

Archived