Brakes: any life saving advantage to stainless brake lines?

Actually, looking this over again, I don't think the Ebay ones are a true radial pull.

You can get OEM ones from a wrecked bike, or buy a Magura or Brembo unit from 250 to 750 depending on your pocket book.

In my view, piston size is more important than being a radial pull, and if the ebay cheapie is a larger piston, it will give you more feel. But if it's the same size as the stock unit? Not much change at all.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is about the best deal on a true radial I've found.

Keep in mind, you will need a brake switch for this. (Pressure type that you have to plumb into your brakes.)

Switch replaces the banjo bolt that attaches your stock brake line. It's 26.00 more. And you'd have to splice it into the stock brake switch wires.

Hit up the site if you are serious. They have a YAMAHA specific model, I've linked the Suzuki, but you'd want the Yamaha version. Same price, same company. 

It's a 20mm bore, and that's pretty good. And it's radial mount, and only 100.00 so a bargain.... Right? (20mm is about the largest I've seen, most are 17, 18 or 19mm, so 20 is up at the upper limit of a motorcycle setup, you'd just have to think about brakes with a 20mm piston, and it's going to start to slow down your motorcycle. Seriously.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2FastMoto-20mm-Brake-Radial-Master-Cylinder-Hydraulic-Brembo-Style-Suzuki-/311379715608

• 3 weeks later...

Archived