Tracer 900 GT?

keithu

• Premium Member
I'd like to know if the cruise control can be installed on older models?
+1, someone please get on this right away, and make us a nice YooTube video showing how to do it. :)
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
With the Tracer GT, Yamaha improved on or added everything needed: windscreen, seat, handlebars, suspension, quick shifter and cruise control. Yamaha fixed all the short comings of the FJ09.
If Yamaha had had the courage to put belt-drive onto the new GT model I would already have put down my deposit.   And without wishing to be churlish, with one or two exceptions the upgrades are quite minor and overall amount to, IMHO, a fairly modest face-lift and makeover of the existing model.   That said, I wish Yamaha well with the two variants. 
But I cannot help wondering what will happen to the warehouse full of 2015's that dealers here in Oz seem to be unable to give away.. undecided.png .
Belt drive would have made it perfect. 

The bags alone are $1000, now add cruise, new suspension with preload knob, TFT display, quickshifter, new windshield, standard heated grips... We'd be lucky its only $2000 more than the non GT.
2001 Honda Saber - sold
2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold
2005 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2007 Yamaha Vstar 1300 - sold
2008 Kawasaki Versys - sold
2009 Yamaha FZ6 - sold
2010 Yamaha Raider - sold
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 - sold
2014 Yamaha FJR - sold
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 - lemon back to dealer
2016 Yamaha FJ -09

My FJ-09 is better than a GT-900... already got QS for upshifts and downshift w/autoblipper, LaunchControl, Cruise control, heated grips, exhaust and ECU tuned by 2WDW using WoolichRacing for a displacement busting 120whp ... suspension will be done over winter... it ticks all the boxes, track capable, multi day trips, daily driver, etc...

If anything I would love to have a gas tank that can be used in place of the passenger seat
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

My FJ-09 is better than a GT-900... already got QS for upshifts and downshift w/autoblipper, LaunchControl, Cruise control, heated grips, exhaust and ECU tuned by 2WDW using WoolichRacing for a displacement busting 120whp ... suspension will be done over winter... it ticks all the boxes, track capable, multi day trips, daily driver, etc... 
If anything I would love to have a gas tank that can be used in place of the passenger seat
+1 on the gas tank instead of Passenger seat.   
Now that would be USEFUL!!!!!

If Yamaha had had the courage to put belt-drive onto the new GT model I would already have put down my deposit.   And without wishing to be churlish, with one or two exceptions the upgrades are quite minor and overall amount to, IMHO, a fairly modest face-lift and makeover of the existing model.   That said, I wish Yamaha well with the two variants. 
But I cannot help wondering what will happen to the warehouse full of 2015's that dealers here in Oz seem to be unable to give away.. undecided.png .
Belt drive would have made it perfect.
Shaft drive would have made it perfect.  Belt drive would have made it better.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Supporting Member
With the Tracer GT, Yamaha improved on or added everything needed: windscreen, seat, handlebars, suspension, quick shifter and cruise control. Yamaha fixed all the short comings of the FJ09.
Yes, its like they read my mind.  Except for the quick shifter, the GT version has exactly the same changes that I already did to mine. 
I do like the new body work, the changes are subtle but the sharp angles have been smoothed out for a less transformer-ish look.  Just the reshaped headlight area and hand guards improve the looks dramatically.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

+1 on the gas tank instead of Passenger seat.   
Now that would be USEFUL!!!!!

IMG_0108_1.jpg

that tail bag would be bad ass if it was a gas tank... loving the looks of this forum members bike

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Interesting point. 
From a business standpoint I think the Tracer needs to cost at least $2000 less than the FJR.

My guess is the standard Tracer will stick close to the current MSRP and be around $11k. That leaves room for the GT to cost $2000 more, basically splitting the difference between the Tracer 900 and the FJR.
$2000 - whether US, CDN, or AUD, would be too much IMHO: make it an even thou and that might be more on the money.
I don't understand the math here!   But here in Oz a new FJR is priced at AUD$26,000, or up to AUD$30,000 with electronic suspension.   That's precisely double the price of a new MT-09 Tracer including factory panniers. 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
@wordsmith Here in the U.S. MSRP for the '17 FJ09 is $10,699. '18 FJR 1300A is $16,399 and the '18 FJR ES is $17,999 just for reference.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@wordsmith Here in the U.S. MSRP for the '17 FJ09 is $10,699. '18 FJR 1300A is $16,399 and the '18 FJR ES is $17,999 just for reference.
Thanks, Betony.   I know that pricing varies by market - it seems the difference between the FJ (Tracer) and FJR here in Oz is markedly greater than in the US... I think I'll be moving...!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Archived