Tracer 900 GT?

keithu

• Supporting Member
The seat however is a weird design. When fully back on the seat it wants to vault me forward non-stop which is very uncomfortable. Does anyone else experience the same and would moving the seat into the higher setting resolve/mitigate the issue? I'm going to try it but was just wondering.
Same experience here, Dude.  The seat tilts me forward no matter what.  My seat is also raised to the High setting.  No difference between that and the Low setting...the tilt is still there and is still annoying and uncomfortable.  Feels like the rear area of the seat could be scalped away a bit to flatten it and eliminate the tilt.  This seat is not long for this life...
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah me and the seat are having a hard time getting compatible. When starting out no matter how I sit in finding that my pants start to ride up on me like capris. The more I try to find a comfy spot on the seat the more I feel like I'm slowly sliding down a steep hill. Not sure who came up with this seat concept but they should be fired. Them and whoever approved it. It could be a fairly comfy seat material wise it's just this awkward slope that ruins it totally for me. Anything aftermarket out there yet to cute this?
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

It's funny, I was reading a review from cycleworld about the GT and they were absolutely gushing about every aspect of the bike. I stopped reading when they said how great the seat is... 

Always bear in mind that reviewers such as these are being paid - in one form or another - and have considerable 'debt' to manufacturers.   If access to new bikes to 'review' was closed-off the reviewers and the magazines would have nothing to write about and no future!   Like many, I'm sure, I read all the reviews I can find about bikes I may be interested in, but always take any gushing reviews with a grain or three of salt.   And I truly believe that one has to live with a bike to fully appreciate - or not - all its nuances and vagaries, good, bad, or indifferent. 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
Yeah me and the seat are having a hard time getting compatible. When starting out no matter how I sit in finding that my pants start to ride up on me like capris. The more I try to find a comfy spot on the seat the more I feel like I'm slowly sliding down a steep hill. Not sure who came up with this seat concept but they should be fired. Them and whoever approved it. It could be a fairly comfy seat material wise it's just this awkward slope that ruins it totally for me. Anything aftermarket out there yet to cute this?[span]     
[/span]
Sargent is currently working on a seat (I called'em after I got the bike).  We'll see soon enough, I reckon...
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

Hi everyone. I have a 2018 tracer 900. And there is a knocking noise in front suspension when I’m passing on pod holes. Is there anyone experiencing same problems. And what is the solution for this problem. Please help. Thanks.
ear plugs....

Ok, I kid!

There's a lot of stuff that moves when you smack it so first, are you sure it's coming from the suspension and not rotor jangle or bodywork that's loose? Put a zip-tie on the fork leg and that will tell you how much suspension you're using and if you're hitting bottom. 
Hello,I have the same problem with my GT. It's clearly a knock. Going through the hole. Rather, it is not a sound from the brakes. I was at the dealer. He could not find the source of this sound. I am looking for people who have the same problem. If this occurs, knock on your motorcycles should be reported to the dealer. Then Yamaha can do something. They do not know about knocks yet.

Regards

ear plugs. ...

Ok, I kid!

There's a lot of stuff that moves when you smack it so first, are you sure it's coming from the suspension and not rotor jangle or bodywork that's loose? Put a zip-tie on the fork leg and that will tell you how much suspension you're using and if you're hitting bottom. 
Hello, 
I have the same problem with my GT. It's clearly a knock. Going through the hole. Rather, it is not a sound from the brakes. I was at the dealer. He could not find the source of this sound. I am looking for people who have the same problem. If this occurs, knock on your motorcycles should be reported to the dealer. Then Yamaha can do something. They do not know about knocks yet.

Regards

could be centerstand bouncing or the pot hole is way to big
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Sorry, could you explain more clearly? My English is not so good to understand the technical complexities. :)

to check front suspension travel, place a zip-tie around the silver fork tube...

check and see if body work is loose

centerstand or kickstand may be the culprit making a knock noise when hitting a big pothole...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Hello,
so today I made some kind of experiments with my breakes. I put small pieces of the titty into the crack of the brake discs. So to block her movement. I also looked at brake pads that also move in the clamps.
The results of the experiment are as follows:
1. the first drive, unfortunately, was knocking.
2. the second ride accelerated faster and I pressed the brake before the decelerating threshold. And you could not hear the tap :).

Hmm, there are two conclusions that it is the brake pads and discs that cause a knock that moves over the entire suspension.
It is also possible that when braking, the suspension bends and selects the clearances that cause a knock.

For my own peace, I accept the versions that it is a knock from the braking system.

There is no possibility of blocking and discs and blocks that would not move and make an experiment.

just remove the pads from your calipers and you can control for one of those factors. :)
if you're crashing your forks your ziptie will be down to about 10mm of stanchion showing. There is an oil lock which slows the fork down dramatically for the last 20mm and the bumper is rubber'ish so it still shouldn't make a sound.

Archived