Tracer 900 GT?

keithu

...There seems to be no Rear rack/top case available...
Are talking about the FJ-09?? There are OEM, SHAD, GIVI and more when it comes to top cases...

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just heard from a local dealership (SoCal) today via email. They tell me they have taken delivery of their first GT.
Gonna go check it out this weekend.
Didn't think they were gonna hit stateside until Fall.

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member

Just heard from a local dealership (SoCal) today via email. They tell me they have taken delivery of their first GT.
Gonna go check it out this weekend.
Didn't think they were gonna hit stateside until Fall.

My local dealer said the same thing, - they are not physically available yet, and they aren't taking orders for them yet either.
Maybe a handful of the largest dealerships are getting one or two to test the waters?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Interesting...
I sat on one today at Simi Valley Cycles (Not a particularly large place). Pasadena Yamaha is also expecting one any time.
Pretty bike. Even the wife fell in love with it. Comes only in black/blue/silver here in the US. The regular Tracer 900 comes only in grey/red/white. Apparently the pretty blue is only for Europe...
It will have a 33(?) liter top case AND a 50L available. Parts guy checked it out for me. 
The 33 is around $230, the 50 $280, and the rack to put them on around $230. Don't quote me on the prices. I'm old and my hard drive is getting pretty full, but those numbers are close.

You're a lucky person to get to sit on it!

'15 FJ09

Guest yambiker
I have the GT - you can see a pic in the new member section smiley.png
Congrats! Those of us on the other side of the pond are in envy!
Have Yamaha given any updates yet on when you guys can get one?

• Supporting Member
@yambiker It seems to vary by location here. Some forum members report that they have seen one at their local dealership while others (myself included) hear from their dealer that they dont have any delivery dates yet.

I just called my go-to dealership and they said that they are not expecting to have them available for sale until August (potentially). But the Yamaha Sponsored Demo Rides may be able to get one sooner for their events. This happened with the Venture at this dealership- where a demo had it available but the dealer could not order it till 3 months later. Cant wait for my GT to get in! I already have decent size parts list of mods lining up (not that it is going to need much with all the extra goodies it comes with already)

• Supporting Member
I just called my go-to dealership and they said that they are not expecting to have them available for sale until August (potentially).

Last week my dealer said the same thing and then yesterday morning the Yamaha truck dropped one off at their dealership unannounced, the sales guy had no idea it was coming. 

Your dealer may be getting one soon as well.

I've been calling around to dealerships, both large and small, far and near. Nobody seems to know when to expect the Tracer GT. I'm hesitant to put anything down on a bike that I might not get until November. Living in Northern MN, that does me no good.

• Supporting Member
I've been calling around to dealerships, both large and small, far and near. Nobody seems to know when to expect the Tracer GT.

Give it a few more weeks, like I said, dealers are getting them already, at least on the West coast so far.

I've been calling around to dealerships, both large and small, far and near. Nobody seems to know when to expect the Tracer GT.

Give is a few more weeks, like I said, dealers are getting them already, at least on the West coast so far.

Yea a guest from greater Los Angeles area posted up about sitting on a GT at a dealership.

'15 FJ09

Living in Northern MN, that does me no good.
au contraire. You get to apply 5 coats of hand-polished wax, and spend $1500 on farkles and upgrades and sit in the saddle hours on end making Vroom-Vroom noises. If you're creative you slap a screen or tablet on the windshield and perfect your lines around Road America while chasing Tommy Hayden on his MotoAmerica series Zuk.

Archived