Tracer 900 GT?

keithu

• Supporting Member
You need $5000 more upgrades.
Lead me not into temptation!

Brembo Everything. Titanium everywhere. Enough carbon fiber to warrant its own autoclave... I’ve been down this path with my Aprilia.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NIX-30 + YA535 is $2400 MSRP. You need $5000 more upgrades. Maybe it comes with a FZ07 in a sister crate?
...but of course. The foreign exchange method not making sense at the moment. We'll see what the pricing is going to be on this side of the big water. Could the FJR be on its way out? Only saw one at the show last weekend, a 2017 going for under $16K CAD.
FJR on the way out?  One of the finest motorcycles ever made.  Nothing better for the price.  If the FJ/Tracer came with shaft drive, I would say it would be the finest motorcycle made.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

FJR on the way out?  One of the finest motorcycles ever made.  Nothing better for the price.  If the FJ/Tracer came with shaft drive, I would say it would be the finest motorcycle made.
FJR is indeed a nice bike... just trying to see why Yamaha would position another sport tourer into the price segment. The GT attempts to bias the bike toward touring a bit more, with longer wheelbase and amenities, so just loosely speculating here. tongue.pngNot uncommon for a mfr. to have more than one sport tour with different engine specs, drive line spec, different weights and even ergonomics.  BMW has a lot, mainly because they sell each of them with saddlebags.  Yamaha can see on this board alone, that there are ST/GT enthusiast who want different size bikes. I just want it to be under 500 lbs.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, They'v quoted a prices GT and Tracer :
GT - € 12.195,00
Tracer - € 10.595,00
https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/de/products/motorcycles/sport-touring/tracer-900.aspx

No bad smiley.png

...converted to CAD ($18K, same as 2018 Super Tenere ES or 2018 FJR), the GT would be full $7K over a new 2017 ($11K). Are there $7K worth of improvements on there?... maybe? eyesroll.png 
not bad if we compare what the competition offers e.g.:
kawasaki versys gt 13.665 euro - without CC, quickshifter , front led light
tiger sport 1050 -13.200 euro - without side cases, front led light, heatgrips
honda crossrunner 800 - 12.660 euro without ??

• 1 month later...
...but of course. The foreign exchange method not making sense at the moment. We'll see what the pricing is going to be on this side of the big water. Could the FJR be on its way out? Only saw one at the show last weekend, a 2017 going for under $16K CAD.
I have a '14 FJR and its not going anywhere.  It is true that I am getting older and find the FJR a handful on dirt roads and under 5 mph.  But when I get too old to handle it , she will become an ornament in my living room and then I will be buried on her.  Make it a 900cc and take off 100 lbs and it would be a perfect bike.  But I digress. I miss riding up Forest Service roads that are packed gravel , graded , and in good shape and camping out in Wyoming and hiking.  I came here a few months ago as I was looking for an additional bike to my stable for just such a reason, and thanks to the great people here, I decided against the FJ09.  I was looking hard at the new and not released lowered 2018 F750 GS BMW, the Triumph 800 XRx low, the V-Strom, and the new Honda NC750.
Now, I have been reading up on the upcoming Tracer 900GT.  Luggage, centerstand, cruise control, heated grips, etc.  The Triumph 800 Xrx low sans bags is $14,000.  We shall see what the T900GT goes for with bags. I am still 6ft 2 in.  Maybe it will fit me just fine.  And wont be 630 lbs.  This bike can not be discounted for any old motorcyclist that wants something mid sized and easier to handle.  Let the specs appear for the US version.

• 3 weeks later...
Pretty sure this will be my next bike - coming from an FZ6 and then an XSR900, this seems to be the perfect combo of both and has all the options I've been missing. Test rode an FJ-09 at a Yamaha demo day this weekend and loved it. Looking forward to any more news & info about when the Tracer GT might actually become available.

• 2 weeks later...
The new GT (when released) could very possibly be my next bike.  Presently riding a DL650XT and miss some of the “creature comforts” of my precious FJR and Tenere like a REAL cruise control and pretty decent heated grips.  The “new”saddle and windscreen may or may not be anything more than marketing talk, but time will tell.  

• 2 weeks later...
I went to the MotoGP in Austin and they had both bikes on display and I sought out someone to ask a few questions, the person I talked with was a rep from Yamaha, he said bikes are supposed to be in dealers by June, didn't say a date just June, as far as pricing goes he he said not to take his word as gospel but the GT he thought would come in under the retail price of the MT 10 or as close to $12,000 as they could get it, the base he thought would be a bit over the retail price of the current FJ09. He said he was looking to purchase one if the price was in that ball park, he currently rides an FZ 10 like me and is wanting something with better range for longer rides.. I called the dealer who I would by from and talked to a salesman, no price or delivery date has been issued but several people are calling about the bikes. The bike is similar to the current one, just sharpened the styling somewhat, if you have one now that you have setup or farkled, it would be hard to justify buying a new one unless when released it is really improved over the current bike. I ride a 2012 Tiger 800 cast wheel bike and want a bit more power and sporting back road ability, along with comfort on par with the Tiger, having ridden the FJ at demos, it delivers on these wants. I still enjoy my Tiger so if I can't get a deal or if I think the price is too much, I'll keep riding it, plus I have my FZ 10 for excitement.

There's now one video available regarding the Tracer GT that's in english.  Based on the price they quoted in pounds the GT will cost around $14,600 US dollars.  Sounded a bit high to me.

I just watched the video again for the exact price they quoted which was 10,649 pounds.  That converted to exactly $14653.92.  If it had a drive shaft I'd own it as soon as it goes on sale.  For that money though I'd buy the 2016 FJR 1300A that a local dealer has brand new and cheaper.

I still think it's a great bike.  I just turned 17K on mine. 
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• Premium Member
There's now one video available regarding the Tracer GT that's in english.  Based on the price they quoted in pounds the GT will cost around $14,600 US dollars.  Sounded a bit high to me.

Yeah, that’s sounds high to me too.

Let’s go Brandon

Yeah, that’s sounds high to me too.
Take away the 20% VAT that brings it down to $11,700 usd... 
Still more than an old stock FJ-09 by about $3k or more.. that $3k will let you build the bike to you( im sure about 50% of new GT owners will sell the OEM bags for some other brand/style/size).. your only missing out on a fancy color display and 2 more modes of traction control... I hope someone will disagree with me so I can say give me the $3k you was gonna save from buying an old stock FJ-09 so I can thaw my wallet out ?

All these "upgrades" for the new GT is not new...the forum has been building the GT since the FJ-09 rolled out... 
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived