Scratch Protection Film for the Gauges?

• Premium Member
Have now fitted the speedo angels dash protection,and can say this is a quality, well made product. I went for the clear ( don't get too much sun glare in Scotland ) , you wouldn't know there was anything stuck to the dash.
I just got mine in the mail and installed it right away, - 100% disappointed.  >:D   I bought the anti-glare and it is not transparent, it is translucent, it s like a slightly foggy face shield on a cold morning, I can barely read the display now.  I followed the instructions, removed the back protector, removed the bubbles with the squeegee-like device, then removed the front protector.  What good is a screen protector if it makes the display difficult to read?  Oh well, into the trash bin with it.

You might try increasing the brightness of the display. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporting Member
You might try increasing the brightness of the display.
I dont think thats going to make the film any clearer.  When the film is installed, it looks like the display is slightly out of focus or the digits are "soft" or hazy, when I remove it everything is nice and sharp again. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I agree with Betoney, fitted the anti-glare yesterday evening, it makes the screen hazy, increased the brightness to 100% still doesn't look clear, i have not rode the bike in bright sun light yet, so will try it first before it goes in the bin.

Pretty sure its right side up as its clearly marked.

• 3 weeks later...
 it makes the screen hazy, increased the brightness to 100% still doesn't look clear, i have not rode the bike in bright sun light yet, so will try it first before it goes in the bin. 

Thought i should update this thread for any one thinking of purchasing Speedo angel. I have now used in bright sunlight and it works well, that's the anti-glare type ..... Not used it at night so maybe some one else can give some feedback.

Archived