What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Installed a Tutoro Chain Oiler.

I've had half a dozen Scottoilers on various bikes over the years, and I've always been happy with them.  I saw some reviews for the Tutoro, and it seemed like a cleaner, simpler install.  No pulling the tank to try and tie into a vacuum system that may, or may not be there.  (I've never used the electric Scottoilers).

The Tutoro was around $170 shipped, so it is quite a bit cheaper than all but the micro vSystem.  (and that's without oil).

Anyway, install was a breeze.  I have a '24 T9GT+, and there's a bracket that holds the swingarm sensor which was perfect to mount the reservoir.  A little hose routing, and a few zip ties and it's done.  Now I just have to tune the oil flow.

Tucked in behind the left side cover.  I'll have to remove 1 screw to refill it, but I like that it's out of the way.

smPXL_20240903_211535116.thumb.jpg.80d4f93850207b00f0c6c03c9343bf7c.jpg

The system uses a magnet to prime it.  I found a nice spot under the seat for it.

smPXL_20240903_211108573.thumb.jpg.20360bd4f9823ca64164dee40ccc5310.jpg

oil line routed under the swingarm.

smPXL_20240903_210803769.thumb.jpg.5b7653d1b0bb1135c1717dcb72cc5da6.jpg

The kit came with a bunch of mounting hardware, I found that the crescent shaped bracket was all I needed.

smPXL_20240903_203751382.thumb.jpg.c4884020f15e31e26d96bdff89d6f2c7.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

My Nebo was $30 and it works a treat on 80/90 Hypoid gear oil or even diesel...

Also have ScottOilers on other bikes but wanted inexpensive and stone hammer simple.

It's also very frugal and cleaner than any of my ScottOilers?

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to post this last week. I wanted a better mount for my 1 gal RTIC bottle. I have been using a Motojug carrier for several years now, and it is showing its age. It has been great, it's handmade in the USA, and it is easy to attach to any bike with passenger pegs. My main complaint is that it is a bit of a pain when it comes time to take the bottle out to refill. I have to undo straps and then reattach them when done. 

So I broke out the welder and rummaged through my scraps to see what I could cobble together. I made a passenger peg replacement that the bottom of the Yeti gallon holder bolts to, then welded a tab to the Givi luggage rack for a stabilizing RAM arm to keep things secure. A couple coats of enamel spray paint, and it's good to go!

I added a little bit of foam padding in the Yeti holder to make the bottle fit snugly, so it doesn't rattle around. 

AP1GczNGp00eXasmMURENOJImTa20XURuJfDH1v9

AP1GczN2sQ51P_vj5avmxxZzOHpO9_97yuite0O0

AP1GczOf41DqtpgJQh3TiGZpQVHdD4SrDC0Edo0s

AP1GczNSi37Px_2OkpKneojxZYvD1jiUxbZyWr7H

AP1GczPAxym3_-Nbq1q8Pt6Mq_68hjiafq6b_SM3

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 3

On 8/3/2024 at 2:21 PM, Brentinpdx said:

I replaced the gronking clutch basket today. Mine was getting noisy and the vibrations were annoying in any gear except 6th. Only 11K on the bike

Update- I went for a 75-mile ride through varying speeds and roadways. The vibration is gone, the noise is gone. The clutch seems to work better ( not sure why, unless the slop in the rubbers was excessive)

Best of luck my friend. I've gone through two primary drives in 15,000 miles. I'm prepared for the next gronking since I now have two rebuilt primary drives I can use. 

• Supporting Member

Installed re-sealed forks, new sintered front brake pads, flushed brake fluids.

The following day, we rode to a nearby town for brunch.

Still need to find a car wash...

image.thumb.jpeg.b3db94689744f06b3a18fec6d3362ed4.jpeg

20240913_230941.jpg

20240913_231154.jpg

20240913_231508.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / GIVI DS2122S windscreen / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Over the last few days, I upgraded tires, brake pads, brake fluid and bleed ports.

Installed a set of Michelin Road 6 tires.  The OEM T32s were not bad, but I’m a long-term fan of the (Pilot) Road series, and after I got a puncture on a trip to New Hampshire a couple weeks ago, it was a good excuse to upgrade to the Road 6. (The puncture was plugged to get home)

Also installed EBC HH brake pads front and rear, flushed new DOT4 fluid thru the system and installed Speedbleeders on all caliper bleed ports and the master cylinder bleed port. (Also a long-term fan of EBC pads and Speedbleeders!)  Before installing the new pads, I scrubbed the rotors well with Scotchbrite pads and cleaned them thoroughly with brake cleaner.

Took a ride to bed in the new pads and everything feels great!

Here are some pics since with no pics it didn’t happen!  😃

Rear brakes.jpg

Front brakes & Speedbleeder.jpg

Master Cylinder Speedbleeder.jpg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1