What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, pilgo said:

20240803_133904.jpg

Out of curiosity, do you think the indicators are as easily discernible at a distance and in sunlight with the new amber DRLs on?

It's a genuine question and it might be just the photo but I was wondering if the indicators might not get a bit masked by those bright DRLs in some circumstances/angles?

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Out of curiosity, do you think the indicators are as easily discernible at a distance and in sunlight with the new amber DRLs on?

It's a genuine question and it might be just the photo but I was wondering if the indicators might not get a bit masked by those bright DRLs in some circumstances/angles?

That was my initial thought as well when I first viewed the photos.  Since the DRL's are amber and so close to the turn indicators they 'might' overpower the visibility of the indicators to oncoming traffic. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Added these LED signals a couple of months ago. They are 3 wire and still allow the running lights to be on.
And early this year I rode to Kingston Washington to get fitted for a custom seat. This one is made for my butt.

20240504_164219.jpg

20230701_204001.jpg

Edited by Brentinpdx
  • Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Ride365 said:

I'm trying like hell to sell mine. LMAO

No luck, eh?   It seems like things have really cooled off lately… several folks I know have nice bikes for sale at reasonable prices, but they’re still not getting much interest. 

17 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

I'll have to check that out another day.

Thankfully those amber lense covers are removable , see if that helps the equation......

• Thumbsup 1

15 hours ago, texscottyd said:

No luck, eh?   It seems like things have really cooled off lately… several folks I know have nice bikes for sale at reasonable prices, but they’re still not getting much interest. 

Yeah no luck yet, the market is so saturated with bikes right now too......and the economy is shite, don't care what anyone says otherwise. I have it listed on fakebook marketplace and 2 private Ohio selling/trading groups as well, if it doesn't sell before Winter, I may see what a dealer will give me for it since has a clean title.

59 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

Yeah no luck yet, the market is so saturated with bikes right now too......and the economy is shite, don't care what anyone says otherwise. I have it listed on fakebook marketplace and 2 private Ohio selling/trading groups as well, if it doesn't sell before Winter, I may see what a dealer will give me for it since has a clean title.

I basically gave my ‘20 away this winter, then that dealership sold it at a decent price a month later, then that guy pulled parts off of it, traded it in at another dealer after 1,500 miles who way over-payed for it and it’s been sitting for months at more than I paid for it in ‘22. The market is awful right now, tons of Tracers out there as well. GLWTS!!!

• Thumbsup 1

On 8/5/2024 at 7:21 AM, Ride365 said:

Hold on to it until spring, if you can.  I had no bites on mine late season last year.  It sold early in the spring for my asking price. 

• Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• 4 weeks later...

Installed a garage door opener today.  I figured that this plastic cover is only like $17 bucks, so if i screwed it up, it wasn't a tragedy.

Simply soldering a momentary button to one of the switches in the garage door opener and attaching the unit with velcro was all that was needed.  It should be protected from most weather under this cover, I suppose I could do some waterproofing if it's an issue. 

smPXL_20240831_185558131.thumb.jpg.350e627c595d0afcb608c0e5d47838ca.jpgsmPXL_20240831_185553988_MP.thumb.jpg.3256067f16de7e9a96c69406ecffb84f.jpgsmPXL_20240831_192715464_MP.jpg.261e2af3057ed334cd213bc2704a77dc.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, greenzrx said:

Installed a garage door opener today.  I figured that this plastic cover is only like $17 bucks, so if i screwed it up, it wasn't a tragedy.

Simply soldering a momentary button to one of the switches in the garage door opener and attaching the unit with velcro was all that was needed.  It should be protected from most weather under this cover, I suppose I could do some waterproofing if it's an issue. 

smPXL_20240831_185558131.thumb.jpg.350e627c595d0afcb608c0e5d47838ca.jpgsmPXL_20240831_185553988_MP.thumb.jpg.3256067f16de7e9a96c69406ecffb84f.jpgsmPXL_20240831_192715464_MP.jpg.261e2af3057ed334cd213bc2704a77dc.jpg

Absolutely Genius!  I just stole this idea from you. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, greenzrx said:

Good job.  I did a similar thing a while back but installed it in my tank bag.  Button was able to be conveniently located in the access hole in the front of the bag. i.e. no mods to the bag required.

image.thumb.png.0077829cc75ac763211532aecbafd57e.png

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

Pulled the forks off today.  Left seal let go and leaked fork oil all over the ground and on the left rotor & brake pads.  Sigh.  4 brand new sintered pads en route while these are dealt with.

20240902_133307 - Copy.jpg

• Sad 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / GIVI DS2122S windscreen / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member

Is that any way to treat your forks, laying on the cold, hard concrete?

I have a spare seal & wiper set.

Didn't realize the box contained a pair and bought 2 for my attic stock. 

Have spare rear pads too...

Had the same thing happen right after I installed caliper spacers & longer bolts, fitted 320 rotors and a radial mc with nice Vesrah JDL pad sets.  Grrrr...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

This happened two days before a planned 4-day ride to Southern Alberta (Medicine Hat / Cypress Hills).  All I could do was be aware of iit and try to stop lots and sop up as much oil as possible.  It was spraying on my shin a bit.  Less than ideal, but we had a great ride just the same.

Looking forward to getting them.back on and logging a few more kms before the season is over =\.

Normally I'd tackle this myself, but it's so late in the year that I don't have much patience to learn-as-I-go and potentially make a mistake.  So, this will be outsourced - this time.

• Sad 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / GIVI DS2122S windscreen / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount