What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

45 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I found no significant drop in mileage going up 2 in the rear to 16/47.

Additionally, it puts the engine in an R.P.M range that's more usable for most riding situations. Also, besides the increased felt torque and better throttle response, particularly when you are loaded up, there is improved clutch action over stock 16/45 AND significantly so over your current ratio as Brian warned about.

Same here. I have been running +2 in the rear for 15k miles, and it has been great fun with barely noticeable impact on fuel range. The biggest impact is cruising at 80+ for long stretches (though I try to avoid this whenever possible). 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Well, boys, I got out again today.

Beautiful day, 72 F, light winds AND traffic, and just a few clouds drifting slowly across an azure sky.

Made it up to Adrian's, again, for my fix.

https://m.facebook.com/100063601179144/?profile_tab_item_selected=about

A good target at about 72 miles each way, which is still a stretch for my right hip. Very close to a  negative pain / pleasure threshold. 

Going up at 3 p.m., I actually put on my heated grips! I love the heat as turtles are cold-blooded.

Amazingly, given I broke a ton several times, the Red Baron managed just shy of a calculated 41 MPG!

Maybe it's the Techron combo ethanol treatment/top end cleaner, which I've been adding to each tank because I don't know if that ride will be my last before the Full Monty; and then it'll be at least 2 months. 🤕

So if Im up to it again, I hope to get out 2 more times but there's SO much to do before next Monday...

Cheers mates!

20240701_182729.jpg

Screenshot_20240701_185214_Calculator.jpg

20240701_164522.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

On 7/1/2024 at 4:08 PM, betoney said:

Pay attention to clutch use with the lower gearing especially with a passenger and loaded with camping gear.  Taking off from a stop will require extra finesse with 'feathering', not quite so much when riding solo. 

You also mentioned running at low rpm for fuel consumption, you might find the bike struggling a little more than you are used to and needing to drop to a lower gear than normal, especially on inclines.

Hey Betoney! Yes I must be more attentioned with the taking off and for the inclines but I think that is question of habit, for now the problem is the take off with the steer turned on the right, in this case the clutch wire is more streched and the clutch take off later

About the ride for now we didn’t have problem with the acceleration instead we Made pass with lot of curves (see Passo delle capannelle on maps 🤣

I probably match with this kind of gear because i slow down a lot… i’ve lost a dear friend last year and I was a bit traumatized for a few month..along with the responsibility of having another person behind me  I slowed down a lot.. the period of sunday’s rush is over for me, now i enjoy feel the nature and talk with my gf with the interphone.

I litterally change the way i enjoy the rides 

For this reasons last winter i try the moto Guzzi v85tt and I find it very enjoyable, very comfy, smooth… I didn’t change the tracer for the money and the affection 🤣 

Have you ever ride the v85tt guys?

Edited by AlessandroTB

• Premium Member

For this reasons last winter i try the moto Guzzi v85tt and I find it very enjoyable, very comfy, smooth… I didn’t change the tracer for the money and the affection 🤣 

Edited 6 hours ago by AlessandroTB

V85 IS SMOOTH , LOL!

11 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

For this reasons last winter i try the moto Guzzi v85tt and I find it very enjoyable, very comfy, smooth… I didn’t change the tracer for the money and the affection 🤣 

Edited 6 hours ago by AlessandroTB

V85 IS SMOOTH , LOL!

Did you ever ride it?😅 

I found it right for touring, linear torque and more balanced than the basic tracer (specially on the Suspension), i think that have also lower center of gravity, on the seat seems lighter 

949f5fd5-5406-4f66-8551-15e8ec558d06.jpeg