What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member

It must be your microclimate because I never have that much crap in the filter after 8000 miles, maybe it's the K&N oil, though the OEM filter is lightly oiled too.

Finally got out for a ride today.

Outbound it wasn't too bad but in bound my hip... need I say more

I took it easy but on the slab if I don't do at least eighty cagers are passing me left and right.

My T32 is about spent but not too bad flat spotting, and handling is still predictable.

2 weeks...

How many more rides can I get in?

Took a break and one of my favorite graveyards

Twentyman?

The Twentyman family name was found in the USA, the UK, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920. The most Twentyman families were found in United Kingdom in 1891. In 1840 there was 1 Twentyman family living in Massachusetts.

20240623_192012.jpg

20240623_191650.jpg

20240623_191632.jpg

20240623_180929.jpg

20240623_180634.jpg

20240623_180616.jpg

@betoney Yes, the Admore kit provides a bunch of options with a little DIP switch built into the cable assembly. The default for brake lights is 2 or 3 quick flashes and then on steady.  Same thing they are using on some highway signs now to get attention.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, betoney said:

When you ride, consider how many bugs are on your screen or face shield, a portion of those are going into your airbox as well.  Every time I remove body panels there are tons of leaves and insects stuck in all of the cracks and crevices.

I do... and see it at the end of each season. My point is that the filter has capture capacity, and that "it's looking dirty" isn't a great indicator of degradation in performance, relative to what the engine actually needs to breathe. 🤷‍♂️

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
43 minutes ago, piotrek said:

I do... and see it at the end of each season. My point is that the filter has capture capacity, and that "it's looking dirty" isn't a great indicator of degradation in performance, relative to what the engine actually needs to breathe. 🤷‍♂️

Correct, I could probably let it go 2-3x as long and collect 2-3x as much crap and more than likely be just fine and have no adverse effects but knowing all of that is in the filter and choosing to ignore it until later would drive me crazy especially with as relatively easy as it is to access the airbox.

I've ridden dirt bikes my whole life and always been a stickler for clean air filters, the filters would often be caked with mud and crap and need to be washed and oiled every few hours of riding or at least every other ride.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 6/14/2024 at 5:32 PM, OZVFR said:

Made my own screen version 2.0

first one was fantastic, so decided to improve it. 
IMG_5743.thumb.jpeg.b5b5ec5c4c94fbef087646aea09c498b.jpeg

first attempt was good, but decided to make the sides wider and follow the headlight angle

IMG_5742.thumb.jpeg.172225773939bfb523bc602d778812ab.jpeg

made a new template, you can see the original layout compared to new  

IMG_5758.thumb.jpeg.4c40925bc36bdd95dfbcc29ad8bb105a.jpeg

all cut and sanded  

IMG_5759.thumb.jpeg.00869b4999e6455c5842bb18ec9017af.jpeg

bent and drilled ready to fit  

IMG_5762.thumb.jpeg.d54ed49bdf379f366fb05a14709df0d1.jpeg

IMG_5765.thumb.jpeg.51f632cb3502b73bb038ccf0bcf7c7be.jpeg

IMG_5766.thumb.jpeg.50176a9e128e76eb731a4b6e42427643.jpeg

now need to find the time to test it  

A great 3hrs of bike fiddling  

I can report that after a 200km ride on a good fast road I'm happy as a pig in shit.

Seriously impressed with how smooth the air flow is as well as the lack of turbulence.

I originally went out with it on the low setting, after 100km I switched to high. Great outcome as I don't want to lose too much air flow in summer.

There might be better options out there (but I doubt it), but not for $30.

No idea where screen designers are getting their ideas from, but they obviously don't ride motorcycles.

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 4

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, OZVFR said:

I can report that after a 200km ride on a good fast road I'm happy as a pig in shit.

Seriously impressed with how smooth the air flow is as well as the lack of turbulence.

I originally went out with it on the low setting, after 100km I switched to high. Great outcome as I don't want to lose too much air flow in summer.

There might be better options out there (but I doubt it), but not for $30.

No idea where screen designers are getting their ideas from, but they obviously don't ride motorcycles.

I think you may be spot-on with the shape you created, wide at the bottom and narrow at the top, opposite of the stock screen.

This is the Parabellum Flyscreen, smooth, turbulence-free air on the helmet, low wind noise and lots of airflow to the arms and torso.

image.thumb.jpeg.867ed4a691b472de9a1516746e0f6dff.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

Installed a GIVI E52 Maxia top case.  Rear rack from @Heli ATP (windscreen too).  Touring bags from @BentAero.  RKA tank bag as recommended here in another thread.  Thankfully a 'universal' GIVI adapter plate worked.  The cyan = adapter plate kit fastners, the red = rack kit.  So, a mix and match of parts, but it'll do for what I want.

image.thumb.jpeg.a0f51628731bf8cc9d1709e5f7756b86.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.609bf1fa11a9ff98328623c148ec105e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2ecc4e31b2d7848994b9f6317821c14a.jpeg

A quick rip to the car wash later:

image.thumb.jpeg.5962f54b0d2890956adb7da92db065cb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b0b5239ac22728d4e6aa117f155edcaf.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / GIVI DS2122S windscreen / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member

How's it feel to finally have as much or more capacity than a Hog or BMRr, and even the currentgen Wing!?  Been a long time coming!

I did so from Day 1 when the Shad SH36 panniers and 3P mounts and top case bars and rack were comparatively cheap versus now (I had their SH46 and later added the SH29).

You will notice that when accelerating even moderately hard with the cases fully loaded (you can push the posted max), the front end will get light, and turn-in will be easier but sketchier.   I would imagine with even a light pillion co-pilot the front will be feathery, as I've never had one on with me but our bikes are sub-500 so be cognizant of this issue!

20170813_173644.jpg

20170813_173714.jpg

20170813_173731.jpg

20170813_173634.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Your Shad setup is sharp!  Good to be aware about higher speeds, thanks for that.  I don't ever anticipate a pillion; she has bikes of her own :)

It took a while to piece this all together; yes.  I happened across an ad for the top box earlier this spring at a price that was a near give-away.  It was worth the drive to Drayton Valley!  Even with the adapter plate I'm into it for less than half of a new top box.  It seals fine (passed the car wash test), no issues at all except the base is slightly warped and is a bit tricky to latch.  A heat gun should solve that.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / GIVI DS2122S windscreen / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member

Close it and take some elastic straps tacked in place with duct tape (LBDT, LADT) and get it where you need it

then put it out in the Sun for a while and keep track of how it's doing

and when it feels soft, take it inside and make sure it stays that way

Life Before Duct Tape, Life After...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, knyte said:

Installed a GIVI E52 Maxia top case.

image.thumb.jpeg.b0b5239ac22728d4e6aa117f155edcaf.jpeg

Now that you are set up to travel, 2 questions;

Where to? and for how long?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member

Funny you should ask :)

We're planning a 4 day, easy ride to Cypress Hills in a week's time:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/3rY6ognjvkYiMc2a6?g_st=ac

...we could easily make it in a day, but we wanted to overnight it here and there to have some time tooling in and around some towns we're unfamiliar with.

I'm hoping for a longer ride next spring to BC.  I've got some twisties planned...

• Like 2

Today camping day! 😍 With my girlfriend near Campotosto Lake 🇮🇹 , with this occasion I can try the 17 teet sproket (+1) and the higher risers, i’m feelin very comfortable with the 17, lower rpm at high speed and lower consuption (the dashboard says 24 km/lt), the risers are too high…when i turn all’ the steer i can feel the clunch a little bit strange... nevermind i think i can replace with longer wire😎👍🏻

cf47bf57-a13d-44e1-96e1-4422a2152511.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, AlessandroTB said:

Today camping day! 😍 With my girlfriend near Campotosto Lake 🇮🇹 , with this occasion I can try the 17 teet sproket (+1) and the higher risers, i’m feelin very comfortable with the 17, lower rpm at high speed and lower consuption (the dashboard says 24 km/lt)

Pay attention to clutch use with the lower gearing especially with a passenger and loaded with camping gear.  Taking off from a stop will require extra finesse with 'feathering', not quite so much when riding solo. 

You also mentioned running at low rpm for fuel consumption, you might find the bike struggling a little more than you are used to and needing to drop to a lower gear than normal, especially on inclines.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I found no significant drop in mileage going up 2 in the rear to 16/47.

Additionally, it puts the engine in an R.P.M range that's more usable for most riding situations. Also, besides the increased felt torque and better throttle response, particularly when you are loaded up, there is improved clutch action over stock 16/45 AND significantly so over your current ratio as Brian warned about.

• Thumbsup 2