What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

10 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Those are huge! 

If their cannons maybe you can use them down there

I wish they were cannons sometimes, hit a kangaroo at 120 on my VFR, at the last second I stood up and gunned it.

Only broke my mudguard and front wheel needed realigning, but a little bit of poop came out of me.

My mate hit an emu doing 160, broke the top triple clamp but somehow stayed upright, the emu exploded.

Over the years I've hit kangaroos, one emu, goannas, dingos, an eagle (that one took me by surprise), a flock of cockatoos doing 180, one got my throttle hand and went through my glove and drew blood, a plague of locust that lifted from a field and went across the front of me doing 150 and instantly totally blocked my visor and went into my partially open jacket and inside my helmet. It was mid summer and 47°C with 140km to go, had to use my last bit of water to try clean my visor so I could see where I was going.

A force field would be a better option, I think that's on the next model Tracer.

On 7/19/2023 at 11:23 PM, OZVFR said:

I wish they were cannons sometimes, hit a kangaroo at 120 on my VFR, at the last second I stood up and gunned it.

Only broke my mudguard and front wheel needed realigning, but a little bit of poop came out of me.

My mate hit an emu doing 160, broke the top triple clamp but somehow stayed upright, the emu exploded.

Over the years I've hit kangaroos, one emu, goannas, dingos, an eagle (that one took me by surprise), a flock of cockatoos doing 180, one got my throttle hand and went through my glove and drew blood, a plague of locust that lifted from a field and went across the front of me doing 150 and instantly totally blocked my visor and went into my partially open jacket and inside my helmet. It was mid summer and 47°C with 140km to go, had to use my last bit of water to try clean my visor so I could see where I was going.

A force field would be a better option, I think that's on the next model Tracer.

It's always helpful to have one of these posts to remind me why I don't want to live in Australia every now and again.

And yeah, I bet it will be an option on the next Tracer, it's got every other electrical doodad.

• Haha 1

Finally took the Tracer out to give the new clutch basket a shakedown run around town - lots of low speed/low rpm cruising, lots of gearbox work.

The clunking in the right footpeg shifting from engine braking to throttle and the shuddering at low rpm with minimal maintenance throttle is entirely gone.  No more gronky noise on deceleration.  

Most noticeably however, it just feels tighter and more direct.  I feel this is because the slop in the basket is separate from the normal driveline slip - that is eaten up immediately without resistance, whereas the movement in the clutch basket is slower and requires noticeably more force, so it's a clunk that happens independently of any normal chain lash etc. 

Regardless, I'm super happy I changed the basket.  Rides much better now.  

• Thumbsup 3

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

It's always helpful to have one of these posts to remind me why I don't want to live in Australia every now and again.

And yeah, I bet it will be an option on the next Tracer, it's got every other electrical doodad.

Driving the Oregon coast on the way to Whistler we nearly hit a pack of Elk (group, herd, swarm?) crossing the road, I prefer to hit a roo I think.

Edited by OZVFR
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/21/2023 at 2:30 AM, OZVFR said:

Driving the Oregon coast on the way to Whistler we nearly hit a pack of Elk (group, herd, swarm?) crossing the road, I prefer to hit a roo I think.

try one of these ...

Apr 5 2021 road.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Haha 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

Today I am day-trippin' with Warchild-wife again, this time we are going after one of the Locations on the Pacific-Northwest Grand Tour that resides at the base of Mt Rainier.  As a reward to ourselves, we are going to then blaze down HWY 123 to Packwood, WA for world-class ice cream!   Success pics to follow...
image.thumb.png.a28e9eae60dbe0f54a6fe4326e60e693.png

Sidebar note: these Bridgestone Battleax T32 tires have now supplanted the Dunlop RoadSmarts as my preferred tire on the bike. Dunlop has just gone phucking *insane* with their RoadSmart IV pricing, and its slightly better tread-life over the Battleax still doesn't make up for it. The T32's simply rock:

May be an image of motorcycle

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

I cleaned the air filter - again.

This is the amount of hayseed collected in the filter after a 5 day road trip.

Just a suggestion, NEVER follow the manual's recommended service interval, like every year or every 8,000 miles, clean it based on your riding conditions.

image.thumb.png.1473408ee2bff634f3ed22242e2b4820.png

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

8 hours ago, betoney said:

I cleaned the air filter - again.

This is the amount of hayseed collected in the filter after a 5 day road trip.

Just a suggestion, NEVER follow the manual's recommended service interval, like every year or every 8,000 miles, clean it based on your riding conditions.

image.thumb.png.1473408ee2bff634f3ed22242e2b4820.png

Good lord!

I came home after a trip to the north of Spain. Seven days and 3.000 Km, most of them at the twisties.

On Friday I did this track and it was completely insane: https://maps.app.goo.gl/e1QfHXjNvksqRZLc9

Here you have some pics.

IMG_5847.thumb.JPEG.c1056d051c412d2c947b515169307a23.JPEG

I find this Givi bag more useful for a solo trip rather than the side cases:

IMG_5832.thumb.JPEG.64edfbde3022b1525dfc1a2bdc97df27.JPEG

Gave her a nice wash after coming back home

IMG_5900.thumb.JPEG.8b3c260538345212586e573d506da1e1.JPEG

Edited by miguelix
  • Thumbsup 3