What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Well, I haven't actually done it yet, but I am so committed that it is as good as done - as soon as I have written a couple of posts and had some supper.

Today I took the stock windshield off! - For me, it is worse than nothing.

• Thumbsup 1

On 7/10/2023 at 8:29 PM, arthur said:

Well, I haven't actually done it yet, but I am so committed that it is as good as done - as soon as I have written a couple of posts and had some supper.

Today I took the stock windshield off! - For me, it is worse than nothing.

Yeah, the stock windshield is hot garbage.  I'm a huge fan of the Puig Sport, personally.  Keeps the front end looking nice but doesn't cause buffeting, which it seems is the only thing the stock windshield does.

Finally got rid of the fender by installing a motodynamic license plate holder and the integrated tail light. 

Lights and plate holder off, On and Brakes on Turn signals are sequential and brakes do a double flash. Above is a LED light strip for parking lights and brakes (not MotorDynamic). Looks better than the stock. Should have done it years ago.

image.jpeg

Taillights 2.jpg

Taillights 3.jpg

Edited by 2linby
  • Thumbsup 5

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

• Premium Member

Are those Shad SH36?  G-d they look wider than mine!

Did the same thing but left the fender and installed oem pumpkins fronts in rear and added a running light hot, plus really bright LED bulbs all around with a low-draw flasher.  Have the Custom LED X-Blaster tail light with turn signals and programable brake.  Also have a red led brake light strip on the back of the Shad top case rack (which takes either my SH46 or SH29).  I also have amber position lights on the side covers and 10A LED 10 degree spot driving lights.  Headlight modulator & BrakeFree helmet brake light & Hit-Air  Dayglo green air vest., etc.

Conspicuity!!!

20230602_150042.jpg

20230602_150337.jpg

20230507_123645.jpg

20230421_162001.jpg

2020 FJ09 RR LTG 1.jpg

20200530_131515.jpg

20200904_120300.jpg

20200904_120320.jpg

20201230 Blaster-X.jpg

20201230_180317.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

Threw the Tracer up on the lift and swapped out the clutch basket for one of the upgraded 2021+ baskets to hopefully alleviate GRONK. My first time into a motorcycle clutch, yay me! 

Springs and plates all within spec, so reused everything.

I had a good 3mm of travel between the driven gear and the basket just moving it by turning the rear tire in 6th.  I'll grind off the rivets sometime in the future and investigate the condition of the rubber dampers, but that seems pretty excessive even compared to what I've seen perusing YouTube videos. 

The Skylift happily proved itself again, such an easy job when you can just pull up a chair and have the clutch right in front of you at eye level, no reaching, leaning, squatting, etc. I was curious how it'd handle 90ftlbs on the nut - no problems at all, on or off. 

Sadly, it's Sunday, and it turns out every motorcycle shop in town is closed Sundays, so new oil and filter will have to wait till Wednesday. 

• Thumbsup 2

On 6/26/2023 at 7:03 AM, Suzukiguy said:

Installed the Seat Concepts kit on my 2020 Tracer 900GT. Only got in about 15 miles after the install, but my initial impression is that it is a vast improvement over the stock seat! Forward lean is all but gone and in the low position I can still flat-foot the bike. More extensive testing will be required this week!

How is it to install the Seat Concepts foam and cover onto the existing pan?

Any pictures of the seat on the bike?

8 hours ago, kilo3 said:

@Wintersdark Did you need a basket carrier to take that off? I've been able to get by with wood/whatever I have laying around so far but I know the day will come.

No.  I put it in 6th, and used a cam strap around the skylift arm and the rear brake lever to hold the brake on. Alternatively could just stand on the brake while you turn it.  Either way, works fine.  Don't need a tool to hold it.

Opened the stakes, heated the nut, popped it off with an impact.

the whole process took maybe two hours, but even then only because I spent a lot of time between the service manual and a video, just to be sure I didn't mess anything up.

I could swap a clutch pack in less than an hour now no problem. It's really easy.

• Thumbsup 2

7 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

How is it to install the Seat Concepts foam and cover onto the existing pan?

Any pictures of the seat on the bike?

Only took about an hour total. Rode for about 180 miles on it last week and it still feels a little firm for me. I'm hopeful that it will "break-in" and be fine. Make sure you have a pneumatic staple gun. I used a Harbor Freight one and it did fine.

IMG_1232.JPG

• Thumbsup 1

2020 Tracer 900GT /1978 Suzuki GS750E /1978 Suzuki GS1000 /1982 Suzuki GS1100E /1999 Honda GL1500SE

On 8/2/2022 at 2:32 AM, OZVFR said:

I finally installed driving lights and got new tyres. 

3B3E9EAF-B37B-4226-A117-155191DF40DF.jpeg

Hello,
Very nice set of lights. Can you provide the suppliers of the mount and the lights, please.
Do you happen to know if they work with the usual duck beak for the Tracers?
Thanks!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Eduardo Scherer said:

Hello,
Very nice set of lights. Can you provide the suppliers of the mount and the lights, please.
Thanks!

Those are huge! 

If their cannons maybe you can use them down there

12 hours ago, Eduardo Scherer said:

Hello,
Thanks!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/174359209617

Not sure if they works with beak as I threw mine out when I bought bike, it's not an adventure bike and does nothing in my view.

Excellent fit and super sturdy.

IMG_3527 C.jpg

Edited by OZVFR
  • Thumbsup 2