What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Burned a tank of gas this weekend since it was finally a nice enough to ride all day... orderd the Traxxion Dynamic fork tool kit for my upcoming suspension upgrades...also got my quote from ForksByMatt, very nice price ? on the KTech Razor-R rear shock BTW... it now time for my money to find a new home ? but in return I will get satisfaction and pleasure of "sorted suspension"...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

ordered my Traxxion Dynamics fork tool kit on monday and it arrived today... next friday Im hoping to be back in town to put some $ (only $75 short ?) in the bank to place my order with ForksByMatt... Im all excited to slap the rear shock on as soon as it arrives!
20180509_204350.jpg

ordered my Traxxion Dynamics fork tool kit on monday and it arrived today... next friday Im hoping to be back in town to put some $ (only $75 short ?) in the bank to place my order with ForksByMatt... Im all excited to slap the rear shock on as soon as it arrives!
I found that the Traxxion syringe worked better with the plunger seal well lubed (remove + dip in oil)... and even then it had a tendency to seize up a bit. I eventually just picked up a smaller syringe at a drug store... worked nice and smooth, albeit with lesser capacity. FYI... if you happen to run into this.
I agree with @piotrek... the traxxion dynamics syringe was difficult to use. I ended up purchasing a motion pro syringe and it is much better.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I found that the Traxxion syringe worked better with the plunger seal well lubed (remove + dip in oil)... and even then it had a tendency to seize up a bit. I eventually just picked up a smaller syringe at a drug store... worked nice and smooth, albeit with lesser capacity. FYI... if you happen to run into this.
I agree with @piotrek... the traxxion dynamics syringe was difficult to use. I ended up purchasing a motion pro syringe and it is much better.

thanks for the heads up!

Converted to GP Shift last weekend, works real well. Upshifting is much more satisfying.  
gpshift2.jpg

I like the "reminder"

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
OE chain was shot @ 12k miles, so I installed an EK 525 MVXZ2 Quadra-X Ring chain, Superlite front (w/o dampener), and JT rear sprocket in OE ratios (I originally ordered the Superlite RS7 rear, but replacement stock was 2-3 weeks out cry.png ). I also picked up the Motion Pro PBR tool to help make things go smoothly as this was my first ever chain replacement. Very nice tool!

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg

I am very happy with the looks and performance.

Guest highplainsrider
Converted to GP Shift last weekend, works real well. Upshifting is much more satisfying.  
gpshift2.jpg

I like the "reminder" 

How is that working out? Do you have to think about it every time you shift?

• Premium Member
Washed the bike, did the chain, tires, etc... More importantly, A few months ago I entered a give-a-way on Riders Domain. Found out last week I won a set of Pirelli tires. They arrived this week. Awesomesauce!!!

cropped_tires.jpg

• Supporting Member
I won a set of Pirelli tires. They arrived this week. Awesomesauce!!! 

You cant beat a free set of tires, especially the Angel GT's!  Very Nice! 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I like the "reminder" 

How is that working out? Do you have to think about it every time you shift?
Works great, did not need to think about it while driving except once. Having a "reminder" is useful.   
Otherwise I find myself skipping a few gears in the downshift (cruising with clutch till almost stopped). Also less need to focus on the upshift and missing 2nd into neutral. The upshift stomp is naturally a more defined movement.

IMG_20180512_102915.jpg

Finally got my SW-Motech Engage tank bag after the mounting ring was back ordered.  Now it's installed and I must admit it is a really nice quality product.  I got it for everyday riding for carrying a few extra things to free up my pockets but not for long trips.  I would buy a bigger one for trips.  

I've had this tool holder for several years and never mounted it on my last 3 bikes. Today, I saw a picture on ADV Rider that gave me an idea on how to mount it on my FJ 0 with Givi Rack. I had the tool holder, and spent less than $10 to mount it. 5/8 rubber lined clamps, 6mm bolts, washers, and nyloc nuts, and a pice of plastic mudflap I had laying around the garage.

This is what I ended up with;

IMG_1759.jpg

This is how I mounted it;

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

This is the hardware I used;

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg