What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I have to do the cartridge/spring swap myself and a few friends... kinda impossible to find an open suspension shop at 10pm( 3rd shift hours)to drop off forks and pickup in a few hours...
f I'm wrong, but Matt's intermediate setup has the compression adjustment on the bottom of the fork. The axle would need to be removed to adjust. Rebound adjustment on top. I believe you can go with his "advanced" setup and get adjustment on top for compression on the left fork. 
Also, Forks by Matt has good prices on "name brand" cartridges too..

My problem right now is crap turn-around on the Intermediate kits. I spent several hours over the weekend making more adjustable bolts since I had run out. Unfortunately I can't outsource the work because the commercial machine shop I've been using can't be relied on not to totally screw it up. They botched another $1000 order recently... 
Yes I have several Ohlins NIX-30 in stock and Andreani too.

The comp adjustment is a small needle *inside* the cartridge bolt in the bottom of the fork. You'll need to pull the axle out a couple inches to use a thin (#1?) blade screw driver to turn it.

Hello fellow Fj-09/MT-09 Tracerians!

It's been a while since I posted on this forum, but over the winter (and not just today) I've focused on getting the "Scrambler" (Batman/Dark Knight reference) some armor.

tumblr_m7zh14kj_Xr1qkyn8ho1_250.gif

I thought of going for the givi crashbars, but to be honest the crashbars makes the bike bulky and seems more like an adv bike taking away the street/track characteristics and not to mention the dead weight ~11 lbs/5.0 kgs.

So I decided to go take an alternate approach and hoped to conceal the armor in strategic positions. I considered the benefits and drawbacks of sliders and still thought of going down this route.

I installed frame, swingarm (in hindsight a bit of an overkill for the FJ09) and case sliders on the bike and it costed around the same as the givi crashbar.

I'll paste the links to the parts that I purchased on amazon. Keep in mind the frame and swingarm sliders delivers quickly, the engine slider protector takes a couple of weeks because it ships directly from China.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N2YU2G8/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?pd_rd_i=B00N2YU2G8&pd_rd_wg=KMIN2&pd_rd_r=58JF1PXMWVQS4EHHQS66&pd_rd_w=bBb2X&smid=A2PBSV3DBW6OF9&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/2014-2017-Yamaha-2016-2018-2015-2017-Swingarm/dp/B00N2YTEOE/ref=pd_bxgy_263_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00N2YTEOE&pd_rd_r=TFNWNP5NGYV6NV91N2R7&pd_rd_w=2cgcE&pd_rd_wg=GLULn&psc=1&refRID=TFNWNP5NGYV6NV91N2R7

https://www.amazon.com/KEMIMOTO-Engine-Slider-Protector-Yamaha/dp/B077JGBSQ7/ref=sr_1_4?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1525108274&sr=1-4&keywords=fj09+case+sliders

And here's what it looks like:

IMG-3352.jpg

IMG-3354.jpg

IMG-3357.jpg

IMG-3358.jpg

IMG-3353.jpg

IMG-3356.jpg

The swingarm overkill reference picture here:

IMG-3096.jpg

The pillion rider footpegs should offer decent protection already, although you never know if it'll snap off on impact.

Its been a busy two weeks for me. Completed my 600 mile service two weeks ago. Last I week I put my heated gear connections onto the bike for those cold mornings (even though I shouldnt need it for much longer). Yesterday I finally stopped delaying and put on the Evotech Performance radiator guard. This morning I ordered the GPR V4 steering stabilizer and that should be to me by next week.

Its been a busy two weeks for me. Completed my 600 mile service two weeks ago. Last I week I put my heated gear connections onto the bike for those cold mornings (even though I shouldnt need it for much longer). Yesterday I finally stopped delaying and put on the Evotech Performance radiator guard. This morning I ordered the GPR V4 steering stabilizer and that should be to me by next week.
 Please post a pic of stabilizer, after you install it. 

spent a good hr debating on suspension upgrades for my heavy 180# suited up frame...
Did you come up with any final decisions?
yes... took a min or two... 
DIY kit from pattonme- the #2a option w/ adjustment at the fork caps rather than axle block and a KTech Razor R ... 
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Please post a pic of stabilizer, after you install it.
I will for sure do. Should be in by next Friday (11 May) and on the next day or so after. 

Today I adjusted chain slack, and aligned rear wheel. First I aligned wheel with mesuring adjuster bolt thread on each side, and later I check everything with a string.

IMG_20180504_172904.jpg

I had two assistants: gas can and a fire extinguisher smiley.png

IMG_20180504_172839.jpg

Everything is spot on. cool.png

• Supporting Member
Did you come up with any final decisions?
DIY kit from pattonme- the #2a option w/ adjustment at the fork caps rather than axle block and a KTech Razor R ... 
So he offers compression adjustment on one of the fork caps now?   I got my cartridges done last year and both fork caps had rebound adjustment and one bottom cartridge bolts had compression adjustment. 
Good decision to finally get the suspension set up correctly, it’s worth every penny!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

So he offers compression adjustment on one of the fork caps now?   I got my cartridges done last year and both fork caps had rebound adjustment and one bottom cartridge bolts had compression adjustment. 
Good decision to finally get the suspension set up correctly, it’s worth every penny!
I sent a PM this morning for a quote...im hoping for the adjustments at the fork cap... 

• Supporting Member
So he offers compression adjustment on one of the fork caps now?
I've always "offered" it (nee Advanced) but recommend is a different matter.
Must have been a misunderstanding on my part when I ordered.  I thought I got Advanced.  Not a big deal, the forks work fantastic, I just thought that the lower bolt compression adjuster was the ONLY method available.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I just thought that the lower bolt compression adjuster was the ONLY method available.
It's the only USEFUL and EFFECTIVE method at this time.
I guess I will have to go this route then... effective beats convenience in this case..