What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

looks like new master cylinder for brakes and hydraulic clutch conversion, as well as guards

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
looks like new master cylinder for brakes and hydraulic clutch conversion, as well as guards
...or at least 2/3 of the hand guard, the inner bar clamps are missing. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

20180421_105801.jpg

This is the new Shad pinlock tank bag. Just got it the other day. It's 10L not too big, not too small.

20180421_105810_HDR.jpg

This is a chinese rear cover I thought looked cool. Not sure how well it works yet. Found it on Aliexpress.

20180421_105820_HDR.jpg

Ktech rear shock. Ordered it about 1 inch shorter to drop the bike down a bit. Great improvement.

• Premium Member
Best update today....Sargent Seat.  I am 6 feet with 33 inseam.  This solved the slide forward issue.  Ahhhh!
I just got my used Sargent a few weeks ago, and I'm loving it.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Installed and aimed a pair of Rigid Industries LED accessory lights and also added a Scottoiler V-System

EDBA112_C-_DF3_B-48_F1-_A769-_AE0941600_B45.jpg

5980_D208-3095-4797-_B5_DB-2_A49538_CB59_F.jpg

F0_B7_C389-_B7_DC-4_C36-92_C3-_AE7_A662_EB198.jpg

FCAE0_AA7-_DEB3-4_B9_C-_A15_E-5_BC233_CF0_ADB.jpg

Looks like your front tire is on backwards. Not sure that tread is doing much for you going in that direction...

5980_D208-3095-4797-_B5_DB-2_A49538_CB59_F.jpg

Looks like your front tire is on backwards. Not sure that tread is doing much for you going in that direction... 
The original stock tire on my 2016 FJ also has the thread direction as shown in the picture.  On what are you basing your backwards suggestion?

That is kinda weird. My stock tread also goes in that direction. Never really questioned it but I see what you mean. The idea is that the tread is supposed to channel water away from the center of the tire. However, it seems that with this orientation it is actually doing the opposite.

I remember when I first saw this at the dealer and wondered if they had put the tire on backward.  Evidently, as tire technology evolves,  so do the theories of water displacement from the contact patch.  In the motorcycle world, it is all about cornering stability whether wet or dry and this is what Dunlop has come up with in the RoadSmart II tire. 

Food for thought

http://sgbikerboy.com/2016/12/26/why-do-motorcycle-front-and-rear-tires-have-opposite-tread-patterns/

https://www.dunlop.eu/dunlop_euen/what_sets_dunlop_apart/technologies/overview.jsp?id=60547