What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

@Spartacus the OEM FZ09 bar end weights are a direct fit. You pull the threaded insert out and they thread in in their place.

They aren't expensive either.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
@spartacus the OEM FZ09 bar end weights are a direct fit. You pull the threaded insert out and they thread in in their place. 
Exactly what I used when I removed the OEM donkey ears. 

ZOKxiuDXJkwYg6rAfYSvuHG-yL1PZmeUvQrqi5QbIzq2ZbCIhYBvJgFGzul6HO5-gtW0xWE7W6tc-VGWzBewTYblnBNxNVzlBX-g4erix2V6xRC5e7gp-tsPVQnQDCD1Ni6IkBAmHg=w2400
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
@spartacus the OEM FZ09 bar end weights are a direct fit. You pull the threaded insert out and they thread in in their place. 

ZOKxiuDXJkwYg6rAfYSvuHG-yL1PZmeUvQrqi5QbIzq2ZbCIhYBvJgFGzul6HO5-gtW0xWE7W6tc-VGWzBewTYblnBNxNVzlBX-g4erix2V6xRC5e7gp-tsPVQnQDCD1Ni6IkBAmHg=w2400
I like the look of that screen, what is it?  What is the total length of the screen?

Thanks

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

I like the look of that screen, what is it?  What is the total length of the screen? 
Thanks
Givi D2122S It's 18 inches.

• Supporting Member
Really interested in your opinion!  I like the looks of that screen.   I don't want to go the barn door route, and have been switching back and forth between the stock screen and nothing at all...  

The new forks and shock are stupendous. This, by far, is the best bang for the buck I have spent on the FJ. It's completely transformed. So much smoother, predictable, and very well-behaved now... Better ride overall by a huge margin. Anyone here still on the fence about suspension upgrades, listen up: Get off your arse and do it. You will not regret it.

What forks & shock did you go with?
I plan to use Matt's cartridges and for my price point he recommended the ktech or nitro shock.

• Premium Member
Matt's intermediate rebuild for the forks, Nitron NTR1 shock. The Nitron is superb kit.

• Premium Member
Really interested in your opinion!  I like the looks of that screen.   I don't want to go the barn door route, and have been switching back and forth between the stock screen and nothing at all...
It's nice. Still flows air onto the helmet but with virtually no buffeting or turbulence like OEM. Givi designed it pretty well. I'll switch off to my short flyscreen in the hottest months of the summer for full airflow onto the torso. 
The only downside is for now it appears to be only available from overseas. I ordered mine from Italy via eBay store (and help from Google translator, haha) and had no issues getting it delivered pretty darn quickly.

Looks nice.  
But for the love of all that is holy - PLEASE cut those zip ties with a pair of flush cutters!

You will thank me when you don’t slice open your wrist/arm/finger on a zip tie tang.

-Skip
Said like a true mechanic!! That was the very first thing I would do to a bike before doing a service on it...!

Thanks guys! I'll find me some FZ-09 bar ends to thread on there.

Got the fender off, ready for the tidy tail. Also took the wheels off for the first time. Pilot Road 5 rubber ready to go on! Installed but not tested: Amazon mirror extenders.

E2569_F04-_E38_B-4_D4_F-_A656-_F03_CA5_A4_C66_E.jpg

Me too! So much so that I ordered one last night from MotoStorm, Italian company by the looks of it. How tall are you @Trambo ? I bought a $29 fleabay special screen that looks better but is much the same as stock, I'll give it the shorty treatment for summertime I think.

• Premium Member
[span style=font-size:12pt] How tall are you [/span]@trambo [span style=font-size:12pt] ?[/span]
Six foot zero. :)