What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
50 minutes ago, DavidS said:

I bought a Tracer GT today, replacing my 2015 FJ09. Somewhere north of 44K miles

Love this engine......

Congratulations on the new bike!

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, rideandfly said:

Changed oil & filter earlier today. Waiting on a front Michelin tire to show up to balance & install.

Here's the No-Mar Cycle Hill changer and No-Mar static balancer used on the FJ's rear tire:

IMG_2169-L.jpg

IMG_2170-L.jpg

I had that exact same Cycle Hill changer and a few years ago I “upgraded” to the full-on No Mar. Truth be told, I wish I’d saved the money from the No Mar and just kept the Cycle Hill. The No Mar is marginally easier to use, but not enough to justify the price difference IMHO. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, 3sum said:

I had that exact same Cycle Hill changer and a few years ago I “upgraded” to the full-on No Mar. Truth be told, I wish I’d saved the money from the No Mar and just kept the Cycle Hill. The No Mar is marginally easier to use, but not enough to justify the price difference IMHO. 

Agree, I have used No-Mar and it is easier to use. Don't install as many tires as I did 10 years ago, so Cycle Hill is working fine for me.  Used to go on all day twisty rides using plenty of tires.

IMG_2179-M.jpg

The FJ's front Pilot Power should show up late today, plan to install it before getting a state inspection next week.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 12/6/2019 at 11:17 PM, koth442 said:

Nice DIY. What printer do you have?

@koth442 - MIne is just a cheapie that I have tinkered with and modified to add some improvements.  But to answer your question I bought mine from ALDI here in Aus as a 'Cocoon Create Touch' but like many others like it, it is a rebadged 'Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus'.  It's come in handy for many projects around the home as well as a few decorative things for Mrs. Dazzler as well.  Gotta be able to justify spending the cash after all 😉

• Thumbsup 1

15 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

@koth442 - MIne is just a cheapie that I have tinkered with and modified to add some improvements.  But to answer your question I bought mine from ALDI here in Aus as a 'Cocoon Create Touch' but like many others like it, it is a rebadged 'Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus'.  It's come in handy for many projects around the home as well as a few decorative things for Mrs. Dazzler as well.  Gotta be able to justify spending the cash after all 😉

Nice. I'm assembling my "home workshop", a polymer 3D printer is on the list. Not sure what the priority is though. I think I need a drill press first so I can safety wire bolts.

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, koth442 said:

I think I need a drill press first so I can safety wire bolts.

Ah yes, safety wire:  The novice racer hazing ritual...  

Hardest compound known to man?  Easy... the Hondaminium that they make CBR600F2 brake caliper bolts from. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1