What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member

Garmin sells TPS that will integrate with their GPS systems.

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

Did a 300-mile day yesterday, with about 50 in the rain.  Great chance to get to know my new Road 5s.

Nothing like new rubber to inspire (false?) confidence.  Was able to narrow the chicken strips in the dry and experiment with traction in the wet.

All good  and made it home with a dirty but happy bike.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

I got the tools along with the tires (Michelin Road 5) and I did the front and rear tires last night!  $40 Harbor Freight balancing stand worked nicely.  Going for a long ride today and it's also the first time in 23k miles that I'll have new tires on front and rear at the same time.

• Thumbsup 2

3 hours ago, superfist said:

I got the tools along with the tires (Michelin Road 5) and I did the front and rear tires last night!  $40 Harbor Freight balancing stand worked nicely.  Going for a long ride today and it's also the first time in 23k miles that I'll have new tires on front and rear at the same time.

What weights did you use for balancing? I recently did mine using the original clip on weights that were on the wheels when I got it but I also used some stick on weights that have since departed. The wheels don't have good flat surfaces for stick ons.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, new1709rider said:

What weights did you use for balancing? I recently did mine using the original clip on weights that were on the wheels when I got it but I also used some stick on weights that have since departed. The wheels don't have good flat surfaces for stick ons.

I just used the steel stick ons from Harbor Freight.  I've never seen the clip on style weights on my wheels, so I just continued using what was available.  I had to clean the wheel really well to get them to stick.

Also just a side note: I tried Windex this time around because a lot of videos showed it being used.  I changed tires for years in an automotive shop and Windex doesn't compare to bead lube or bead wax.  I'll be getting some bead lube or wax for the next change.

On Topic:  Yesterday I broke in the new tires with 350 miles and much of it in the mountains and leaned over.  I got to ride with a friend who rides a Ninja 1000 who also had brand new tires.  We swapped bikes for a bit and I loved the smoothness and feel of the 1000 engine, but while the bike felt smooth and planted, it also felt heavy.

20190914_203250_HDR.thumb.jpg.59418494c08f177fa2e224f56e29d6cd.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 10:11 AM, new1709rider said:

Here is a link to a source for clip on weights.  I prefer them cause the FJ's rims are to beautiful to foul up with stick on weights and yucky glue.

BALANCER, WHEEL (10G) 5MT-25398-00-00

2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

7 hours ago, nhchris said:

Here is a link to a source for clip on weights.  I prefer them cause the FJ's rims are to beautiful to foul up with stick on weights and yucky glue.

BALANCER, WHEEL (10G) 5MT-25398-00-00

are they $6.77 each!?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Hey, the OEM crush washer for the oil drain plug is $4.75!!

cb

Edited by nhchris
  • Confused 1
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Well, I got my bike put back together this evening after getting my ECU back from 2WDW's yesterday.  While I had it torn down that far I went ahead and did a throttle body sync for the first time. The bike has a little over 13,000 miles on it and the synchronization looked very close, I would say it was fine as it was. However since I was hooked up I went ahead and tweaked a bit. 

As far as the flash goes I think it feels pretty good and it doesn't stop pulling at 114 mph now. But since it's been down for a week it's hard to say how much better it feels because just getting on it again like it was would feel great!

I had recently installed a complete Delkevic exhaust and on deceleration it would do a little popping and burbling which I didn't really mind. Now however after the flash it does some pretty loud backfiring. Is this normal or is the flash not quite right? Is there something I can do to stop it from backfiring? 

Also the check engine light has come on.

Edited by new1709rider
Addendum

New Chinese spotties fitted in a new location today, removed the little ones and gave them to my son for his cruiser. Looking into a controller to have them work as running now. 

20190918-DSC02001.jpg

20190918-DSC02007.jpg

20190918-DSC02014.jpg