What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Finally got my Terry Adcox seat today. Slapped it on and went for a quick ride. Noticable difference over my Sargent seat. Quite a bit higher than the Sargent which makes me just on my toes when stopped.

I can't wait to go for a couple hours on it.

Slammed a Penske 8983 shock in the rear and had a local shop slide in a race tech front revalve kit.

This thing is a totally different machine now. Once I get it remapped this winter it should be close to perfect for me.

IMG_20181001_213024.jpg

IMG_20181001_213133.jpg

• Supporting Member
Slammed a Penske 8983 shock in the rear and had a local shop slide in a race tech front revalve kit.

This thing is a totally different machine now. Once I get it remapped this winter it should be close to perfect for me.

IMG_20181001_213024.jpg

IMG_20181001_213133.jpg

Who did you order your Penske through?  Yours mounts differently than mine (Traxxion Dynamics), different length hose?
My buddy ordered his through Stoltec and his mounts different still.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Who did you order your Penske through?  Yours mounts differently than mine (Traxxion Dynamics), different length hose? My buddy ordered his through Stoltec and his mounts different still.

Penske sells them as fixed and remote reservoirs.  Penske does not sell a "mounting kit" for the remote reservoirs that I'm aware of. I imagine once the reservoir is remote, the hose length is arbitrary. But I've only ever bought used Penske.

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
Who did you order your Penske through?  Yours mounts differently than mine (Traxxion Dynamics), different length hose? My buddy ordered his through Stoltec and his mounts different still.

Penske sells them as fixed and remote reservoirs.  Penske does not sell a "mounting kit" for the remote reservoirs that I'm aware of. I imagine once the reservoir is remote, the hose length is arbitrary. But I've only ever bought used Penske.

What I was getting at was, of the 3 Penske's I mentioned, all 3 have different length hoses for the same bike.  My buddies shock as well as mine have much shorter hoses than the one @stumpy has, we couldn't mount ours where his is mounted if we tried.

Finally got my Terry Adcox seat today. Slapped it on and went for a quick ride. Noticable difference over my Sargent seat. Quite a bit higher than the Sargent which makes me just on my toes when stopped.  

IMG_20181001_213024.jpg

IMG_20181001_213133.jpg

Please do share more thoughts about your Terry seat when you get more saddle time in! I've placed an order for mine with a build date in December.

• Supporting Member
This thing is a totally different machine now.
Welcome to the ‘Suspension changed my life for the better club!’ :)

I’ve done significant suspension upgrades on several other bikes in the past, but the FJ seems to be the one most transformed by the investment. Once you get accustomed to the upgrade, go back and ride a stock bike again... it’s eye-opening the difference.

IMG_20181001_213024.jpg

IMG_20181001_213133.jpg

Please do share more thoughts about your Terry seat when you get more saddle time in! I've placed an order for mine with a build date in December.
I can tell you that it is much higher than my sargent.  From almost flat footed to tippy toes.  I was able to take it out and put about 35km on it.  It is really different than my sargent.  Where my sargent is much firmer and flater and digs into the underside of my legs causing some nerve pulses, this is more plush.  But not in a soft plush way...its weird, seems like your not sitting on a regular seat.  After sitting on it for a while...I don't even notice that I am sitting on the seat.  wierd...but really nice!  With the seat being taller I am glad I installed bar risers but I have noticed in the short time of riding that my shoulders seem getting a bit stiff.  I need to get a couple hours on it and get a better feel for it. 

IMG_20181001_213024.jpg

IMG_20181001_213133.jpg

Who did you order your Penske through?  Yours mounts differently than mine (Traxxion Dynamics), different length hose?

I got it through Bayside Performance in Vancouver.  The hose goes straight into the top of the reservoir not with a 90 degree fitting if that helps any.  The downfall of that is, the compression knob on the reservoir can't be turned by hand, you need to use a wrench...that sucks. 

• Supporting Member

I got it through Bayside Performance in Vancouver.  The hose goes straight into the top of the reservoir not with a 90 degree fitting if that helps any.  The downfall of that is, the compression knob on the reservoir can't be turned by hand, you need to use a wrench...that sucks. 
Thanks for that info. My Penske is the exact same setup, and the knob also requires a wrench, my buddies Penske from Stoltec has a banjo bolt connection on the side of the knob mount.