What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Today, I moved my FJ out of the way so I could load up my YZ and go dirt riding.  (That counts right?)

YZ-1.jpg

if you have never ridden off-road, Spend a couple of days ridding on a beginners MX track on a MX bike will teach you more about controlling a bike than 50K mile of on road ridding, just my 0.02 cents worth. Just sold my YZ 450F and an back on a YZ 250,  2 smoke.

Only because it is a two stroke! ?

1970 DT-250 / 1972 250MX / 1973 360MX / 1974 250MX & 1974 CZ 400 Red Frame & SC 500 / 1978 YZ 250 / 1979  YZ250 / (2) 1980 YZ 250 / 1986 YZ 490 / 1989 YZ250 WR / 1994 YZ 250 / (2) 2002 YZ 426 / 2007 YZ 450 / 2007 DR 650, 2015 FJ 09 / 2020 YZ 250

I've been loving every minute of owning this bike. I picked it up 2 weeks ago and got a top box, wind shield, phone mount, gold rim tape, crash bars & placed an order for a custom seat from Terry.  
Also rode it down the Pacific Coast Highway which was a dream...

givi.jpg

pch.jpg

rim_tape.jpg

Nice PCH (in Malibu) is one of my favorite rides.

Took the (10mm) plunge! Excited to try it out on the Monday commute. Also swapped my Motodynamic taillight with a warranty replacement. The unit I got this summer ended up with moisture trapped in it, so they sent me a replacement. Just gave it a quick rinse and it looks to be moisture free, so kudos to those guys.

IMG_4855.jpg

Added the Puig wind deflector to my Givi windshield. Was getting annoyed with the wind noise and figured I would give one of these ugly things a try. Surprised that it actually works and quite well. Major wind noise improvement. Also doesn't look too terrible after looking at it longer.

20180929_182954.jpg

... Also swapped my Motodynamic taillight with a warranty replacement. The unit I got this summer ended up with moisture trapped in it, so they sent me a replacement. Just gave it a quick rinse and it looks to be moisture free, so kudos to those guys.
I've been running my Motodynamic tailight for over 2 years now with no issues (through some heavy rains at times too)... hopefully it was just a fluke.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

... Also swapped my Motodynamic taillight with a warranty replacement. The unit I got this summer ended up with moisture trapped in it, so they sent me a replacement. Just gave it a quick rinse and it looks to be moisture free, so kudos to those guys.
I've been running my Motodynamic tailight for over 2 years now with no issues (through some heavy rains at times too)... hopefully it was just a fluke.

I’m hoping so. They were quick to send me a replacement after I wasn’t able to dry it out. Almost like it had a bad seal around the lense, letting in moisture when it was cold and sealing it in when warm.

Added the Puig wind deflector to my Givi windshield. Was getting annoyed with the wind noise and figured I would give one of these ugly things a try. Surprised that it actually works and quite well. Major wind noise improvement. Also doesn't look too terrible after looking at it longer.

I'm seeing more and more of these devices - various brands no doubt - on different bikes.   They clearly suit some/ many riders.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

20180929_182954.jpg

How tall are you matey? I have the same screen and find it didn’t work that well. Was thinking of trying this too. I have a cut down ‘not even enough to call a screen’ at the moment.

Took the (10mm) plunge! Excited to try it out on the Monday commute.

I’m looking forward to reading about your experience from the change. Did you notice high speed instability beforehand, was that your motivation for the adjustment?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Only because it is a two stroke! ?
Here Here! I have always had a dirt bike and a trials bike for play purposes until recently. Street riding happens more naturally if you come from a dirt riding background. You tend to to not panic as much when things get out of sorts. When the back end breaks away you get that big ear to ear grin power it on and ride it through. 

Cheers

• Supporting Member
Got out for about a hundred miles this morning, testing out the new Sargent seat and Cal Sci windscreen. Cleaned the bike up when I got home, as it was filthy from the prior few weekends of rain.

c1bd1c56ba4c1ca778590651e657dcc8.jpg

Next up: installing the new Gilles Tooling chain adjusters...

Took the (10mm) plunge! Excited to try it out on the Monday commute.
I’m looking forward to reading about your experience from the change. Did you notice high speed instability beforehand, was that your motivation for the adjustment?
I've never noticed any crazy instability, but I don't often find myself going more than 90. That said, from my limited riding experience the bike did tend to feel a little light up front at that speed and higher. Briefly hit triple digits this morning, and while not entirely solved it definitely felt more planted. I'd go so far as to say it even felt better around 60. Tomorrow I'll get some sustained 90mph stretches in and will have a better impression. Someday I'll actually get around to getting decent suspension though, and I imagine that will be as close to a magic bullet as I'll get.