What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
342578_B0-6_B32-4863-_A450-_A8373197_FE42.jpg

6_C8_A5_EDC-0_A1_F-4_B7_D-9561-020_A40_F92_CA1.jpg

A1254626-_AE97-44_E0-99_DB-52_ED6879_E556.jpg

ill let you decide the order of today’s pictures. Not easy pulling the brains out out your only friend. However, stocked to see what’s she’s like when I get her back. Really really torn between Ivan’s and 2WDWs. Have read extensively everything available in all sites and both webpages. I live in NY, 5 hours away from Ivan’s and even thought about driving my car down and making it a day. 2WDWs sates quick shift capable, where Ivan’s does not. But from what I can tell, anyone who has had the ability to do an AB test always says Ivan’s wins. I have a Yoshi pipe and KN filter. That’s it. Any nudging in either direction would be appreciated. I’ll leave the address off the box until I mail early tomorrow morning. 
Well, sent ECU to Ivan’s Monday overnight. Was flashed and back to me within the day and back in my hands today. Rained Monday and Tuesday so I didn’t miss a day. Bike back together and spent maybe 30 minutes riding. First impression is... very nice change. Not night and day from before, but really smooth. Like going from a $5 bourbon to a $500 bourbon, they are similar, but not really. Noticeable immediate difference for me, shifthing throigh the gears is like butter. Rev on downshifting is also like butter. Bike came back in A default mode, which I stayed away from before. Probably never leave A mode again unless I have a passenger. Throttle jerky-ness greatly reduced. Greatly. Strange to me, I smell more sulfur/exhaust  out of Yoshi where I have never smelled anything before. Guessing that is new fuel map/Yoshi and O2 sensor being disconnected (per Ivan’s directions). I have read a few posts on the FZ site where a few have implied they think they lost something with Ivan’s flash. Most responded with “don’t confuse smoother” with power loss. I have to concur. It doesn’t feel the same as before because of fuel maps, but when I rolled through 2nd to 3rd and realized how fast I was going..well smoooth. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
Well, sent ECU to Ivan’s Monday overnight. Was flashed and back to me within the day and back in my hands today. Rained Monday and Tuesday so I didn’t miss a day. Bike back together and spent maybe 30 minutes riding. First impression is... very nice change. Not night and day from before, but really smooth. Like going from a $5 bourbon to a $500 bourbon, they are similar, but not really. Noticeable immediate difference for me, shifthing throigh the gears is like butter. Rev on downshifting is also like butter. Bike came back in A default mode, which I stayed away from before. Probably never leave A mode again unless I have a passenger. Throttle jerky-ness greatly reduced. Greatly. Strange to me, I smell more sulfur/exhaust  out of Yoshi where I have never smelled anything before. Guessing that is new fuel map/Yoshi and O2 sensor being disconnected (per Ivan’s directions). I have read a few posts on the FZ site where a few have implied they think they lost something with Ivan’s flash. Most responded with “don’t confuse smoother” with power loss. I have to concur. It doesn’t feel the same as before because of fuel maps, but when I rolled through 2nd to 3rd and realized how fast I was going..well smoooth. 

From your description, I cant tell if you really like it or not.  You say its not a huge change from before then list several areas where it is greatly improved.
Does Ivan's flash get a thumbs up or just a "Meh?"

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Accurate or not it sounds as plausible as anything... I salute you and from this day forward i will go with your explanation when the subject comes up.
Surely this theory - neat tho' it is - is shot-down when considering that a sidecar may be mounted on one side of a m/cycle when in countries that drive (correctly) on the left and on the other side when in a country that drives on the right?  I couldn't imagine Yamaha being so engrossed with possible sidecar attachments that they'd swap around the rivet/ clevis pin footpeg attachment according to country of destination.   And BTW - I don't recall when I last saw a s/car combo on the road...
Good points... except for the rubbish about driving on the left side of the road. A consensus of scientists that exclusively study the subject of driving on the correct side of the road agree that the right side is the most efficient, safe, eco-friendly, and awesome way.  With that completely unfounded and made up statement made, I will stick with the sidecar explanation. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member

From your description, I cant tell if you really like it or not.  You say its not a huge change from before then list several areas where it is greatly improved.

No question I like it. Well worth the time spent looking around and def what I was expecting to get. I’ll be more impressed when I get my wrist retrained (2300 miles before Monday, all in 6 weeks). Went around a corner in first gear “A” mode and I would have had some real reservations about that before Monday. I’ll report back after the weekend when I have a few hours riding. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

Today, I moved my FJ out of the way so I could load up my YZ and go dirt riding.  (That counts right?)

You ride at Tahuya?  If you know the single track lets ride sometime.  Only been there twice and would get lost, lol.

• Premium Member

Now that I have more time of Ivan’s ECU flash, Eff’n love it. No comparison to where I was before. It every area. 

I've been loving every minute of owning this bike. I picked it up 2 weeks ago and got a top box, wind shield, phone mount, gold rim tape, crash bars & placed an order for a custom seat from Terry. 

Also rode it down the Pacific Coast Highway which was a dream...

givi.jpgpch.jpgrim_tape.jpg

• Supporting Member
I've been loving every minute of owning this bike. I picked it up 2 weeks ago and got a top box, wind shield, phone mount, gold rim tape, crash bars & placed an order for a custom seat from Terry.  
Also rode it down the Pacific Coast Highway which was a dream...

rim_tape.jpg

The rim tape really changes the looks of the bike, I like it.  I wish it was a bit more gold colored to match the shroud stripe graphic.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Good points... except for the rubbish about driving on the left wrong side of the road. A consensus of scientists that exclusively study the subject of driving on the correct side of the road agree that the right side is the most efficient, safe, eco-friendly, and awesome way.  With that completely unfounded and made up statement made, I will stick with the sidecar explanation.

tongue.pngI recall reading somewhere once that the effect of driving on the (pick a location, L or R) side of the road is to slow the rotation of the earth.   I thought I'd detected that...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.