What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
342578_B0-6_B32-4863-_A450-_A8373197_FE42.jpg6_C8_A5_EDC-0_A1_F-4_B7_D-9561-020_A40_F92_CA1.jpgA1254626-_AE97-44_E0-99_DB-52_ED6879_E556.jpg

ill let you decide the order of today’s pictures. Not easy pulling the brains out out your only friend. However, stocked to see what’s she’s like when I get her back. Really really torn between Ivan’s and 2WDWs. Have read extensively everything available in all sites and both webpages. I live in NY, 5 hours away from Ivan’s and even thought about driving my car down and making it a day. 2WDWs sates quick shift capable, where Ivan’s does not. But from what I can tell, anyone who has had the ability to do an AB test always says Ivan’s wins. I have a Yoshi pipe and KN filter. That’s it. Any nudging in either direction would be appreciated. I’ll leave the address off the box until I mail early tomorrow morning. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
Not easy pulling the brains out out your only friend. However, stocked to see what’s she’s like when I get her back. Really really torn between Ivan’s and 2WDWs. Have read extensively everything available in all sites and both webpages. I live in NY, 5 hours away from Ivan’s and even thought about driving my car down and making it a day. 2WDWs sates quick shift capable, where Ivan’s does not. But from what I can tell, anyone who has had the ability to do an AB test always says Ivan’s wins. I have a Yoshi pipe and KN filter. That’s it. Any nudging in either direction would be appreciated. I’ll leave the address off the box until I mail early tomorrow morning. 
You cant go wrong with either flash, both vendors are highly respected and have a near cult-like legion of appreciative fans.  

I live near 2WDW and had Nels tune my previous FZ1 with great results so I used them, though in the FZ1 community, Ivan is known as “The Man”.  

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Not easy pulling the brains out out your only friend. However, stocked to see what’s she’s like when I get her back. Really really torn between Ivan’s and 2WDWs. Have read extensively everything available in all sites and both webpages. I live in NY, 5 hours away from Ivan’s and even thought about driving my car down and making it a day. 2WDWs sates quick shift capable, where Ivan’s does not. But from what I can tell, anyone who has had the ability to do an AB test always says Ivan’s wins. I have a Yoshi pipe and KN filter. That’s it. Any nudging in either direction would be appreciated. I’ll leave the address off the box until I mail early tomorrow morning. 
You cant go wrong with either flash, both vendors are highly respected and have a near cult-like legion of appreciative fans.   
I live near 2WDW and had Nels tune my previous FZ1 with great results so I used them, though in the FZ1 community, Ivan is known as “The Man”.  
David Vcyclenut always sets it up for quick shifter, even if you don't have one (yet).  He's in FL and, if you pay for the expedited shipping, it can be as little as 3 days until you get it back.  He typically does same day turn around.

All the various tuners we have listed such as 2wdw, Hordpower, Woolich, VCycleNut, Ivans are all top notch... the difference is mainly the who the tuner is as a person/personality which lead to very very slight differences... In a perfect world I would love to ride each tuners ECU flash before making my choice...

I went with 2WDW using Woolich tuning software and the race kit add-on...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
Mounted my new-to-me Cal Sci tinted shorty windscreen, and headed out for a late night ride to try it out. After about 50 miles, my initial impression is very favorable. Much quieter up to about 60 mph, so it would be a great ‘around town’ screen. At higher speeds the wind is more noticeable, but still seems calmer than the stock screen. There’s more air on my helmet, but it’s cleaner and less turbulent. Me likey!

It’s funny that the more stuff I strip off this bike, the more I enjoy it...

74172e6bf0c3553796ba7ae4a5b558cf.jpg

Mounted my new-to-me Cal Sci tinted shorty windscreen, and headed out for a late night ride to try it out. After about 50 miles, my initial impression is very favorable. Much quieter up to about 60 mph, so it would be a great ‘around town’ screen. At higher speeds the wind is more noticeable, but still seems calmer than the stock screen. There’s more air on my helmet, but it’s cleaner and less turbulent. Me likey!  

74172e6bf0c3553796ba7ae4a5b558cf.jpg
I noticed if I stand up on the pegs just an in or two at highway speeds, it becomes scary quiet. Does yours do the same? I'm thinking I need to chop an inch or so off the top..

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
All the various tuners we have listed such as 2wdw, Hordpower, Woolich, VCycleNut, Ivans are all top notch... the difference is mainly the who the tuner is as a person/personality which lead to very very slight differences... In a perfect world I would love to ride each tuners ECU flash before making my choice...  
I went with 2WDW using Woolich tuning software and the race kit add-on...
 I went with Ivan's.  Sent overnight - so they should have it tomorrow and hopefully back to by Friday. 

Thanks for all the input(s)

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
I noticed if I stand up on the pegs just an in or two at highway speeds, it becomes scary quiet. Does yours do the same?
I honestly haven’t tried any variations yet to see if it makes a difference. I found that same ‘cone of silence’ with the stock screen, but I had to be standing way up on the pegs to get into the clean airflow. My initial feeling is that this new screen is going to be just about the perfect compromise for me.

I’m 6’1”, have the screen at the lowest setting, the seat in the tall position, and wear earplugs 100% of the time (on any bike, not just the FJ). This screen clearly doesn’t have the wind protection of a larger touring screen, but for me the air seems clean and reasonably quiet. I’ll give additional feedback after I’ve logged some more miles.

I noticed if I stand up on the pegs just an in or two at highway speeds, it becomes scary quiet. Does yours do the same?
I honestly haven’t tried any variations yet to see if it makes a difference. I found that same ‘cone of silence’ with the stock screen, but I had to be standing way up on the pegs to get into the clean airflow. My initial feeling is that this new screen is going to be just about the perfect compromise for me.  
I’m 6’1”, have the screen at the lowest setting, the seat in the tall position, and wear earplugs 100% of the time (on any bike, not just the FJ). This screen clearly doesn’t have the wind protection of a larger touring screen, but for me the air seems clean and reasonably quiet. I’ll give additional feedback after I’ve logged some more miles.
I have the V-STream tall touring windscreen and stand on a regular basis.  This came in handy on my trip from MN-ID and back.  Obviously, much more air hitting your chest with such a small screen compared to the tall one.  At one point I stood for 10 miles doing 80+ in South Dakota to get some air through the body (very hot out) and the speed limit is 80mph (or 129 km for our friends across the pond) so no worries concerning Jonny Law.

Yup.  I'm getting close to a nekkid FJ!  No hand guards, no wind screen.  Just much nicer all around IMHO, and better looking too.  

Now if I could just do something about those Gah Doffle alien insect headlight nacelles...

Fit some new tapered steering head bearings, new genuine pads in the front, new brake fluid front and rear and a fresh Michelin Road 5 on the front. I seem to be wearing front tyres out quicker than the rears. Must be my riding style because it was the same on my last bike. I’ll do the rear tyre in about 1000k’s when I relube the swingarm and linkage bearings.

Nice! And how do you like the new bearings? Notice any less head shake?

-Skip

• Supporting Member
Boredom + Internet access + PayPal = More FJ parts I previously didn’t know I needed.

It started with a simple search for brake rotor bolts, and somehow got a bit out of hand. So now I have the Gilles Tooling chain adjusters on the way. And since we’re already doing that, why wouldn’t you want a titanium rear axle nut?

b146321e83654c53578e7060710ac563.jpg

Oh, and throw that billet oil filler cap in the box while you’re at it...

fb808f664815cf1506d9e83d6fc26212.jpg