What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I'm always looking to find the hard parts that will hit the ground in the event of a tip over or crash. The latest fight against damage today looked at the passenger pegs. I checked around the shop and found some bushings/caps from some bar ends I wasn't using. A quick drill and tap later and the farthest point sticking out is no longer the peg mounts. Capped off with some plastic plugs left over from 7/8" bars and voila, free slider mod.
IB84ibw.jpg
zbjp04P.jpg
7vV0YT3.jpg
QkIOC57.jpg

• Premium Member
Adjusted the APS yesterday. Stock closed throttle - 14/17 15/16. Didn't write down the wide open throttle numbers.
Now - 14 - 13/97 15 - 12/97

Stock - STD was snatchy coming out of corners. Really had to watch the throttle. "A" mode was unrideable. No fun at all.

Now - STD is smooth and A is fun. Should have did this a year ago.

Like I said, love to tinker. Found my left heel was rubbing on the swingarm and felt it would eventually cause a wear mark. Grabbed some left over vinyl carbon wrap and stuck it where my heel was hitting. I'll probably go with flat black to match the paint if I ever get some.

Hopefully this picture posts as I'm on my phone in the shop.

8JkbJfl.jpg

Picked up my 2017 FJ two weeks ago, new left over stock from local dealer.

So far I've installed the Higdonion Trail Cage, SWMotech Side Bags, Ebay Tail Tidy, Givi windshield, and front/rear LED turn signals w/relay resistor.

Tonight I'll be doing the 600 mile service when I get home from work.

7634685819269718970.jpg

8599804901585550768.jpg

So far I've installed the Higdonion Trail Cage, SWMotech Side Bags, Ebay Tail Tidy, Givi windshield, and front/rear LED turn signals w/relay resistor.

Which Turn signals did you go with?

Which Turn signals did you go with?
These guys: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073M2YWGR With these adapters: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BH5YH4G
...and this relay: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM26LXO

Not the cheapest route overall, but not the most expensive either. Settled on these three parts after much research and deciding how bright/big I wanted the LED signals to be. They're plenty bright and while not the most compact signals, they're about half the size of the stock "pumpkins" and maybe a half inch to an inch shorter in length.

Not a simple plug and play for this set up, but anyone with a little soldering experience and some mechanical know how can get it done.