What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Just received mine from Amazon Friday.  $38 rear, $27.50 X2 front.  The weather here in Minnesota is not cooperating for start of MC season yet.  Close though.

I remember the Brembo's on my Ducati 1098.  One finger @ 150mph was all you needed, loved those things.  Glad to hear the EBC's make a difference.

As a means of recording commuting close calls here in crazy Southern California, I mounted a Mobius camera to the front of my bike. Right now I have it plugged into the 12V Utility socket but one of these days I will rewire it to one of the open connectors in front of the odometer. 

It is considered a permanent installation.  The Mobius has loop recording so it just keeps recording new files over old files.  Camera powers up when bike powers up and shuts down when bike powers down.

Mobius_6.jpg

Mobius_7.jpg

Mobius_8.jpg

Looks nice.

But for the love of all that is holy - PLEASE cut those zip ties with a pair of flush cutters!

You will thank me when you don’t slice open your wrist/arm/finger on a zip tie tang.

-Skip

• Premium Member
I can't recall the company name, @oldgravy, but they were uber-cheap (I want to say something like $5.99 CDN) from somewhere in China.
Pretty sure I found them on Ebay or Amazon, if memory serves.

I was a bit worried they were gonna be junk but they actually look decent and seem to be hanging in there pretty well after about 20,000km.

Does Cloverdale has better weather than Vancouver? If so, I might have to move...

• Supporting Member
We had some very nice weather here in the Pacific Northwest, so I decided to take an over-nighter to visit a buddy in Bend, Oregon. It was a fabulous 2 days of riding (about 825 miles) with some great beer at the end of the day at Worthy Brewing Company in Bend.

Cape Horn, just East of Washougal Wa on the Columbia River Gorge.

Cape_Horn.jpg

Post, Oregon. The self-claimed Center of Oregon

Post.jpg

Worthy Brewing Company

Worthy_Brewing.jpg

Rowena Crest Viewpoint, Mosier, Oregon

Rowena_Crest.jpg

Klickitat, Wa.

Klickitat.jpg

Klickitat_2.jpg

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
After a slew of off-season maintenance and mod projects, and with March drawing to a close with a nice 4C sunny day... I just had to start the season. The bike started right up, and my soul danced to the intoxicating sound of the triple smiley.png . Rode some familiar ground for about an hour to test things out. All good, and we're ready for the season. It feels very, very good to be back on two wheels.
I understand that feeling, it felt awesome to get out for my first 2-day ride this year!  

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

60,000km service today. Nothing major oil, filter, clean the brake pads, check for wear etc etc.

Then I finished the modification of the old Loobman I've had for ages. It's been on a couple of bikes now and the attachment just wasn't any longer retaining it's stability. The actual function of the device has worked for me for many years so I couldn't see the point in buying an entire new unit of any brand and thought I'd be creative. Hubbies an engineer so if I had a major malfunction  :-/   I can always get assistance.

Anyway off to the local Bunnings (hardware supplier) and I got an electrical bracket which I bent and cut and bent again. A piece of coat hanger to make the guide to hold the feeder head into place using the original bevel in the electrical bracket as the path, then cable tied it into place. Won't deny, it took a lot a mucking about, but I totally enjoyed the experience.....

Removed the inner cush plate from the swing arm and marked up where to drill 2x small holes to attach the NEW Loob bracket/feeder to and drilled 2x 3mm holes.
Attached the Loob bracket/feeder to the inner cush plate and test assembled on the bike. A little change of the angle of the dangle was required by adjusting the bends in the bracket. Then re-assemble and locktite the inner cush plate back into place.........whal-lah!!

Here are the pics....just quietly, I'm a little proud of myself.

Not everyones cuppa tea, I know, so don't bagged me out too badly.

_2fVzB5vRwc8Ml6NDYtV6LkdXNpTkTyGIL2p-lZB79c7gJV055Cookx46TcnnCmAQ8Vw2Qfqyo8uPeiEYkDmYylIirVAdlGbcF-zJbiRDQsMpmjX40oeGPw9bkBT3uiTlx0aJ2xCHSxABn5TXBIpSV0zTCxglKwgaJKlzxHO8tmxIjaiIyCnKUIay1HrVnwJzugzUWfS_AjIjBfJvnFuK3ZKSK0kERUKXHSF6Qi-sxtk-eSJcilGMsPsysNrNXt8DjRcJX-7DcbE-87-EfQru2hbe9P5X2eeygX10cDYV9NYwjggi6KscydNgvpGZ2WVo3CRO8B3qd6nNniKYAYBQeSrOPbJhSxnOgSZ-8Q0wJKdWNV5jNqPU0s3s3S-FI1c-Y1TrCZrHq68cnc3z0jG9cDnBzIqhjzyapOKuy1g8JapUlv7vsEfCWOS7_HuxCnoytjUfPPvQ9uEO5m4YtFKXULUT4VN8J7l6im083Q5I2acazBQIvOHSQdf8HRqGiuzKtBrt7PBbJV2lGFsjgIvJBgYooByY2JILVVA1WuMDUjrwQwy3hDSCuyVKaAgclYJaZX1GwUQK2Jpo-YWRYLJG_py9CvtF4kopnqSVx8=w1224-h918-no

3Xw6X6h7aPQP_7L4e8fNnr12xG_XmT2Kk2MZuVxpmXweqQqy0Z64JJtfJQVRj8fEMNMIIz87TOWU-SpgdkQwaybYtcTCKtN21FCrYvCmPky1nCgHrbriFDCGo9WVjlqlTB0ZqBjtcCcvYBKGoloomwd3zQLQTRtjbpdV8xyx5-0_hE0dxaU5Mc7FZmf4TEejhjAr4QUsjV8xdpzfreixdvAAUvPO73YjExpk7Dpnt35jyryvDb-TAvdIeQV4ro9S4Er03veVujwJJp3SC3e3t-829rtl9f7oDuxvnPmy6T8LRQNJ78jUzL6L8dHHnMVP38QsftciTIEY3fRjoC7OGn3ERhFNrE_cbutv4UzJadZgAubaS0SlN9r-0RuvC0lti4ctiD3M2xscFPpHYhNVMjrAm0QXq1t55OZOreBR9w_FDAAjcKnBKYBUMpPhykKHAdIJELCxRyOIAgAJkn4qasQdU4Vt5F5fQk_awtuczYvInZdwFMg7IAzsjE2BrH8-NGc53yz0_JDphEdI7VET2-1g3zmf_X6fZIbGV-HMTTl90f49fXqXYp2wIkSULdATdiJpLoa9azgtK7LbuWVzW1lfqeShGC0IVm6Puug=w689-h918-no
zePvRh9Rjv5k-lq0DzDBXdq-o7K8hg4XrKjCmnY2F7BM7B5eIGYJ0JrZw6nN17HM1xXlQKfqzZ1KLNkjpzqzmcnLJM4BYytUVwXCToCWpyesyk2IC2bGX_5_dhE3AB6CTikz39QNEwdkfp7DaGwI-SB1Uyg6onMKwzI-Wf3_4-JJ5EtaNvO5uwFxn5lxV7zQG7c7rt6cfJVSnjMsITMoqhdGb9VyHE-dbi_xjZVTWyLODLdDB0JJnZ-t1fa1DQrIKQJelLOre6ZQFUlI1-Z_pn25YDwL6pBlHF_yvW7bovhcodVoYChkNImnBk0MBl5BcaW8AVaYSDogJTA_DOQVdYMcwqv5I5pUbt4JuU4BYBFcqba27Byc-IcPuOlMcPNaOckvG4QiD_sKuHzjHnFdOl0mtrsehqQQnpvme35xrZyrhNtPLsT81SYpuTKSaqWinZvkU6UXWdjZNB-_zz4sj_jG7vZ9ia_hUhjanyniZ0O2TeodC525MU5pM_KhGGJ1zDuHEMIFw2y6wpwoFll_2NAAhM8ix1cnmjC1FE5OUyoGAsJRdk_qdNpzA_1Slnd8jeDSxkViPV4TON8RypfVtyNbFsQ55eeiMjp59YE=w689-h918-no
pYdgMBc9e7DLsgo9KQm0rjXxpYdq6HoPAxLFZcG6g2vlu8SihiNtYBOGyghy9A_h-R9WtQNapjZJVqpjAtmdJyLIYvLX6ll45DwMibQAEJsQsv4OntX0kgjvkfH9481sLruFGATGbVJdVgxDh-a_7557-W2TIWteb_aRFTVlBzok58_pde3yjK8UuTK3IXZBGcEVbKn_sccrvvr6R1lPn0nhlhoyTMHihBgKCpnQiPmNvXzG2zDqMAtJ2to1G2ydtUSTS6orhMh-V2wXf9plyweDdUb-NTWrrNuR0u9ZVhoWaHdob8z3_ZZMWPUUaGiVV3Z7HFmYicPOzmjb49JXAayjMYuqlM0wwKfriaGUGqRrd17gCvVFkmPIHl1b7QiuVO22BSSHJsfdX-YsjT5lZ374N5i_bJJEkI6djxR17cNepgI8IUKmJqNAKS6XYgiJPhpf0tgcVQFBYIsPyVmt-VT4TnV6kp_tvOxlrW7SKr3FfMEQfEqJUgXzW7Ja6EozWlI3YLfNtHI4g9PssCMdJ-GJ_T86ebG8iqwADh7eq3HMZZ3hkUq3SLI4KUcRs_wlkUu57YYQOzaFKuQB0lGcmPUSkDLZWtGDBvrIAeI=w1224-h918-no

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

It may be my ipad @kimmie, but I can't see those pictures.

Not sure BBB they link straight from my pic account. I can see the pics now through my phone.... maybe your ipad.

loobman= kimmie speak for auto-chain oiler?

Not quite auto. I have to push the button on top of the oil reservior to feed the oil down to the feeder... but, yes same principle.

kimmie - what on earth is a Loobman???

Norcal616 kinda got it right. See my post above...you'll get it.