What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

learned something today: yesterday I adjusted the APS and using CruiseControl for like 2secs today was like not safe by any means...after I had a brain fart few miles down the road I realized the CruiseControl needed to be recalibrated to the new APS location ?... 
Great to know... big thanks for flagging this, and a big heads-up to anyone with the gadget on their bike. Added a note in the APS thread.
What is the APS pls?   
LATER - did a quick search and found some info - thks.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Did a 50k service @ 52375 and the oil was like brand new!! 
Also balanced the throttle bodies, greased the swingarm bearings, and found an issue with the bearing in the upper dog bone joint (wiggles around more than you'd like).  So now as well as replacing the R blinker and fairing (from the roo strike), I'll have to order all these bits.

Did you get the 'roo's insurance details, kimmie?

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Great to know... big thanks for flagging this, and a big heads-up to anyone with the gadget on their bike. Added a note in the APS thread.
What is the APS pls?   

MCCruise calls ts the TPS( throttle position sensor) 

I call it the APS or TPS- depends
and NO its has nothing to do with TPS reports on my desk mmmkay? 
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Did a 50k service @ 52375 and the oil was like brand new!! 
Also balanced the throttle bodies, greased the swingarm bearings, and found an issue with the bearing in the upper dog bone joint (wiggles around more than you'd like).  So now as well as replacing the R blinker and fairing (from the roo strike), I'll have to order all these bits.

Did you get the 'roo's insurance details, kimmie?
Unfortunately not....but to be honest I didn't even look back to see if it was alive or dead.

All parts are now ordered and the bearing I should be able to pick up on the weekend.
The fairings and decals will have to come from Japan (as now available in Aus) - approx 3 week wait. Bl@@dy expensive though but not worth putting a claim in.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

What is the APS pls?   

MCCruise calls ts the TPS( throttle position sensor) 

I call it the APS or TPS- depends

Yeeeahh, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday...

Did nobody else catch the reference

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Yeeeahh, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday... 
Did nobody else catch the reference

I was hoping one of the "Bob" screen names would chime in

• Supporting Member
@piotrek - What do you think of the Stomp Grip on the FJ? I've used it on my 636 track bike, and am a huge advocate for track use. But I'm not sure about the application for the FJ on the street. Very interested in your opinion...

put the cold weather gear on...Givi windscreen, handguard extension, tail bag to hold rain gear and heat control for heated pants/jacket liner... its gonna be so weird to not feel the wind as it was my speed gauge ?

REAR HUGGER INSTALLATION..  See later Edit below...

The ‘universal’ rear fender which I intend to use as a rear hugger arrived today, only eleven days after ordering.   At AUD $18.34 including postage, it’s a neat piece, sturdy and rigid but not too heavy at only 320g, and nicely finished in gloss black.   In fact, so nicely finished that on a gloss black bike it wouldn’t need any re-painting, but I’ll re-spray it in semi-gloss or maybe matte back so that it chimes better with surrounding parts of the bike.

It will need a fair amount of adapting, but that doesn’t appear too tricky.   The ‘lugs’ on each side will have to come off - a jigsaw cut finished with some wet-and-dry abrasive smoothing of the cut edges should do a good job.

I’ll also have to heat-up the front part of the guard to flatten that area for a better fit onto the OE hugger, which will remain in-place under the new part.

I don’t habitually ride in grimy conditions, but one never knows.   The hugger, if it works for me, will be chiefly for visual effect to remove that empty space above the rear tyre which always looks so - well, empty.   If it works effectively, I’ll post words and pix later (Mrs Wordsmith will be away for a week from tomorrow so I can set-to without delay).   If it doesn’t work you’ll hear no more of it!   Pray for me…

LATER EDIT - September 13th (unlucky for some!)

Epic fail!   I literally over-cooked the piece in the oven through excessive haste and insufficient patience, the story of my life!   The front part of the new hugger melted and wasn't able to be revived, so into the bin it goes.   But it was worth a trial...!

DIY rear hugger installation (see earlier post here dated Sept 11th).

Epic fail! I literally over-cooked the piece in the oven through excessive haste and insufficient patience, the story of my life!   The front part of the new hugger melted and wasn't able to be revived, so into the bin it goes. But it was worth a trial...!

But wait - there's more.   I was a bit hasty in tossing-out the piece, as only the front part was damaged, so I have retrieved it, cut off the offending Salvador Dali melting-timepieces-like front 2", and put it to one side for possible future use and 'try again'.   The hugger only cost me $18, so no big deal cost-wise, but I hate to be beaten!