What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Finally a real cruise control from our moderator.  It works great !  I've had my FJ for almost a year now and here's my list. Corbin seat, Madstad windshdshield, OEM grip heaters, rubber foot pegs, Zumo 660 GPS, Shad SH-36 hard bags. Givi 307 tank bag. Now for some road trips can't wait. About the seat, the fit to my butt is far better and the seat fit to the bike is far superior. 

15J09-05FJR1300-07DL1000-16GSX1000S

Guest dmizer
Dunlap Roadsmart II...basically the US version of the original tire. If it ain't broke....
Be careful with that. While the tread is exactly the same, the OEM tire is NOT a multi-compound tire, but the Roadsmart II is. So, if you still have an OEM tire on the bike, the Roadsmart II may cause stability issues, and this bike is already pretty sensitive to stability. If you're going with Roadsmart II on the front and you still have an OEM tire on the rear, I highly suggest replacing the rear as well even if its service life isn't finished.

• Premium Member
Dunlap Roadsmart II...basically the US version of the original tire. If it ain't broke....
Be careful with that. While the tread is exactly the same, the OEM tire is NOT a multi-compound tire, but the Roadsmart II is. So, if you still have an OEM tire on the bike, the Roadsmart II may cause stability issues, and this bike is already pretty sensitive to stability. If you're going with Roadsmart II on the front and you still have an OEM tire on the rear, I highly suggest replacing the rear as well even if its service life isn't finished.
Read back, the OEM rear tyre was binned at 6k. Although not sure, I'm assuming he ran a new rear Roadsmart 2 with the OE D222 untilt he front wore out. This combination is fine as I and many others have done it. I'm assuming he now has a new front and part worn rear, both Roadsmart 2.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest dmizer
Read back, the OEM rear tyre was binned at 6k. Although not sure, I'm assuming he ran a new rear Roadsmart 2 with the OE D222 untilt he front wore out.
I read it, and was actually going to comment on it but decided that a general comment would suffice, mostly because I wanted to point out that the OEM tire is definitely not the same as a Roadsmart II.

The little 250mm long plastic-coated swaged-end helmet-holding wire is useful, but less useful is the need to remove the rear seat to get at it, then secure it to the hook that’s under there. Impossible, even, if the pillion seat has luggage on it.

My solution for quick and easy securing of the helmet to the bike is to attach a small carabineer hook onto the swaged loops, then put the wire around/ through the rhs rear pillion handle. The carabineer must match the gold-coloured front fork, of course…

Only because I had some did I also put a small elastic lady’s hair-band alongside, secured by a small zip-tie to the adjacent luggage-strap securing peg, underneath the pannier mounting rail. Hooked through the open rearmost 'claw' this holds the wire and carabineer clip firmly and stops them from rattling around when I’m proceeding at warp speed…

Now it’s just matter of clipping the hook to the helmet strap or through the D-loop, [em]et violin[/em] – hanging from the pillion handle the thing is reasonably secure from prying fingers.

[em]Wordsmith – ’39 model, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia[/em][em]
[/em][em]http://i.imgur.com/2k9Cx6B.jpg[/em][em]http://i.imgur.com/g6Dg0C7.jpg[/em][em]
[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Can't you just unhook the carabiner and walk off with the helmet? I'll have to post a pic later of my current solution.
Yes, of course the thing can be unhooked, but it takes a moment or two and any such delay is likely to deter the opportunist just-for-fun thief.   That said, I was queuing to pay for petrol in the servo recently when another biker in the queue tapped me on the shoulder, pointed to my helmet outside that I'd placed on a convenient ledge at the pump, as I often do, and said [em]"wouldn't leave it there if I was you, mate - I had mine nicked from the same place not long ago!"[/em] Hence my current 'solution'.   But will be interested in yours, thanks...
[em]W[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I just took some cable I had on a spool and fit some heat shrink over it. Then used the crush fittings to make loops. It's not perfect but I feel a little more comfortable walking away from the bike than with that piece of string Yamaha gave me.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/elcapa/Motorcycle/20160411_171331_zps9fci8rqb.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/elcapa/Motorcycle/20160411_171545_zps6f9qpplf.jpg

Got the first service done over the weekend and also heated grips installed (got dealer to throw in heated grips and installation as part of bike purchase for free)

Also installed tail bag. Found a perfect tail bag that fits the rear seat on the FJ09 almost perfectly. Cost is around $90- $110 and holds 20ltrs. In the pictures you can see how it was installed.

IMG_2681_zpsqsuhsrhc.jpgIMG_2684_zpsaa5vspog.jpg

Got the first service done over the weekend and also heated grips installed (got dealer to throw in heated grips and installation as part of bike purchase for free) 
Also installed tail bag. Found a perfect tail bag that fits the rear seat on the FJ09 almost perfectly. Cost is around $90- $110 and holds 20ltrs. In the pictures you can see how it was installed.

[span]What brand is the tail bag? [/span]

'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

[span]What brand is the tail bag? [/span]
OGIO here is a link http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/ogio-tail-bag[strong][/strong]

Nice! Ogio makes some quality stuffs. 
Just an FYI for anyone interested in the bag above, they can be had on eBay for $74 shipped, it's got great reviews, just had to order one. 

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/291667257873

'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport