What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Installed the new [strong]Stebel Magnum horn[/strong] (AUD$28), a simple five-minute plug-and-play task using the original horn bracket, but I expect to have to relocate it when installing the on-its-way AdventureTech light-bar and front LEDs.

I’ve had a Magnum on a number of other bikes, and while it’s not obnoxiously loud its attention-grabbing mini-Mack truck two-tone note does seem to cut-through to texting or dozing drivers, and I find it effective. It does need to be mounted correctly, with the horn pointing downwards, even if only slightly, so that water does not gather inside.

I managed to drown an earlier Magnum when carelessly hosing the bike down, and all future editions have been covered tightly with a plastic bag when the bike is being washed.

[em]W[/em]

2015 Matte Grey Tracer – now at 33km from new.

[em]Stebel Magnum horn; 2” blind-spot auxiliary mirrors;[/em][em]
[/em][em]http://i.imgur.com/sWxdLbC.jpg[/em][em]http://i.imgur.com/fPATrnK.jpg[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Did you have to shift/remove the hand guards (top layer that it)?
Yes, the top layers hit the windscreen, and had to be removed. 

I also have the Puig touring windscreen. I suggest buying the little deflector that attaches to the top of the windscreen if you go with Puig. Regarding the handguards, I contacted Puig before ordering my windscreen and was able to get a set of "handguard displacers" with mine. I got to keep the look of the stock handguards. I don't understand why they aren't included in every kit.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I also have the Puig touring windscreen. I suggest buying the little deflector that attaches to the top of the windscreen if you go with Puig. Regarding the handguards, I contacted Puig before ordering my windscreen and was able to get a set of "handguard displacers" with mine. I got to keep the look of the stock handguards. I don't understand why they aren't included in every kit.
Curiously, the install instructions off their website show the displacers. How tall are you... I am 5'9", 32" inseam.

I'm 5'11", 33" inseam.. with the deflector attached to the top of the windscreen I can ride down the highway at 80mph+ with my visor open no problem. The wind catches my helmet just above the visor so my vents still get air. No buffeting, just smooth air.

I noticed the handguard displacers on the install instructions as well, but when I got the kit they were not there. Since I contacted Puig regarding the handguard displacers prior to ordering and used their recommended vendor. Puig sent me the displacers free of charge direct from Spain. It was a little annoying, but glad I contacted them ahead of time.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Fitted a mini-size [strong]Top Box[/strong], $29AUD, and 28L capacity. Had this on other bikes; it takes – [em]just![/em] – my full-face helmet. I don’t care much for top-boxes that are so huge that if filled with water could serve as a swimming-pool, but this excels for day-trips and even a weekend away.   And it doesn't look over-sized or unbalance the bike visually, especially when the rider is on the bike.

Distributor here in Oz is Third Gear (Melbourne-based)– I’ve dealt with them often and they have good products at very keen prices, and excellent service.

Stuff is arriving every day – LED indicators from China just delivered this morning!   I'm exhausted!

[em]W
[/em]
2015 Matte Grey MT-09 Tracer – now at 33km.

[em]Stebel Magnum horn; 2” ‘blind-spot’ auxiliary mirrors; Third Gear mini top-box;
http://i.imgur.com/ldBApIM.jpg[/em][em]http://i.imgur.com/YLQhWhc.jpg

[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Johan/wordsmith, I have at least 3 stone to give!  Foot on centerstand and passenger handhold are my method.

I put a larger foot on my kickstand. Soft soil at a local winery convinced me to get it. Don't have to carry a small block of wood in the top case any more. Used to use a crushed beer can, but don't drink a drop any more when out on my bike.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• Premium Member
Johan/wordsmith, I have at least 3 stone to give!  Foot on centerstand and passenger handhold are my method.  
I put a larger foot on my kickstand. Soft soil at a local winery convinced me to get it. Don't have to carry a small block of wood in the top case any more. Used to use a crushed beer can, but don't drink a drop any more when out on my bike.
It's ok, we've all had our "soft soil" incidents at a local winery... 

johan, Better than when my buddy dropped his Honda when he missed the edge of the sidewalk he chose to park on with his kickstand... & (Ahem) alcohol was involved. Much laughter, but probably not good to be riding that drunk. We both have mellowed considerably since then. Goes to survivability.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

http://i.imgur.com/6Qv1zc8.jpg
Stuck a tiny 10mm diameter silicone 'dot' (furniture surface protector) onto the equally small indicator button.   The resulting slight protrusion makes it easier to locate with a gloved thumb.  [em]Cost[/em] - nil: [em]time taken[/em] – about ten seconds.

[em]Wordsmith[/em]

• Premium Member
http://i.imgur.com/6Qv1zc8.jpg Stuck a tiny 10mm diameter silicone 'dot' (furniture surface protector) onto the equally small indicator button.   The resulting slight protrusion makes it easier to locate with a gloved thumb.  [em]Cost[/em] - nil: [em]time taken[/em] – about ten seconds.

Pretty warm on the road today, outside air temp showed 72 degrees, until I realised that was degrees F - should be C!   Gotta get it fixed - brand new bike.  [strong]Is this a dealer job?[/strong]
[em]W[/em]

Very clever Lawrence. Welcome back.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Welp, today, I traded it... Just a hair over 4,000 miles on it and decided I wanted to go naked (since all I do is commute and the wind noise/buffeting was really getting to me).

So, I got me one of these... :D

rl1UxAW.jpg
EMrusv9.jpg
or72MUz.jpg
5Ez6JlA.jpg
0q4Yt8J.jpg

It's REALLY nice!

I hope I can still keep coming around here though... :)

• Premium Member
Welp, today, I traded it... Just a hair over 4,000 miles on it and decided I wanted to go naked (since all I do is commute and the wind noise/buffeting was really getting to me). 

rl1UxAW.jpg

It's REALLY nice!

Naked is good! She's beautiful!! Congratulations and feel free to hang around with us FJ-09 scum for as long as you like!
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Finally, all my stuff is installed for starting 2016's season!

OEM soft saddlebags. Givi top case rack + M7 plate and traffic II top case, Givi tanklock tank bag.

ZCvlhTQ6_TIOPHo73EVZPJYPU_sqfz8VleL1GUDKByocLkarWoHeGIqn1nlORzlh487z-sJQ635dIeob4cJ7FfolybAazvLZont9JukfQ98B7PhhcZoz_FJe4SMNetmar2298GIkomngQuv7sVaclLrWGdXXfl205C1gpV9kfo0PP-KjiWQGa2HMo6upDk5boA65O7hug3EAME6Pv8sE-mhaGEEvvhP1N-vCwzQ9HE6Y6W-9p1X387o4uTmpOpIWQx0dgHpNZYarKUp7I9wPlTkeu1CSQfSXHr2_aaRuq-t6JCEAr_RxB-ks4cra1I361B9AyNypdqHVgMspwQCtcbzP2z8rqY68izpKzKKKqpyj8PpZ8r6IMsAvwDZ6C8smVsa2Klq1_B7D9EHDSo-EmkLrXbS29E8qGMpbL4gQBnU1NeH2rPVa8jwtvTcwJcKWIFiJziECrOUqxUE-YbOnvYBkAdHSxQu0_zo_78DCIsnS15x8ATFnUEXuhmYVViHrvXsTZeDS5YY7e-8UwHfYU7zkHbT8dfS0DfMwCrIKM86wrAD1g5E-EC_cGHWKCJwaVmPp=w1034-h775-no

D-hzoxSRV7zZ1I7cLK34QHE8HwtfGuQyh7wCIQy9F1w8eYqgswMtRpN5vmAaehzpLN9SpBHOst3ciQ4r3YI_yOLsbXINDYdZ_Ehl8165DVl--LK-cV0wXuVylUdH5E85Uanq7B4d14ZoOOoSEO6z3DBH39zZc-_dEUX0eH_luzvOmYGuA9nwiV4l5PdAh8J7D1VopU1FMUN-68mMdK8_H2rx7hheCCchBIS_WtCISxC1ePgg7jRgcZsbWJmmM9dpdAjojjxipmjj_L4GVCCgih_k0ouk0WViiUe4JVjQT_W5lTGUCDkZ8EWmxhsNecr3JCdOHyCd4PelHAGuQg_WqQbnDyXwEs58VMBz55jNLLLibwFWvSjgZ__SaZT2DRh_MQvBwcQB4rULk2NhJ3F1h7I_nE0v5ZQhRh5bGy9KvG3nUpDiSLBqI3GiyB5uzU00raABQJEhsIfDMnHKtPp-XkXbTugExFdR0AXfpicaw1Br2-lkNuYpMvitNCvXWLoakuhbtbpKdfVfchIwL_g5SSkTdoKuoNZEjXVrFgTrRXzOH2NgGT9uiVetbM1QrZ1afWm8=w1034-h775-no

Tank bag is Givi 3d603. I have add 2x 1'' ram mount ball for GPS and go pro or cellphone holder. OEM heated grips!

S7LFnZf1LZym5qvnfkXcDljQ8goQaeiNT9olVNNnmXDQN-ghr5B-oqr1B8ho6lxDcvyOOEIsl_2cskmLqdY13Tsfdip_0cGc5ocednXNaDwsepEVxlihOFXAioDFocvY6wssNsnw23JYTxuPG1OncywYqYaEZ8Lb5C1Y-Ghz5Rf1TkhkG7rQTlLG072yC2LlYumwCRBx-iEbo541JbEfbmAVqDTOu5_F-LLfhBSAjGxO3Yc_-2hKka2eAHd2NNE3YmiPhZhVQtp0KoptozXFjGRKei5b5h7LipvsF_0FgpthbHlkmam3_NPbYHHkc12IQ7RZOA_37Y8gw2EpjF5KqoUAqBrikfwtyeDsav9ZYngIJkrDqy6zLiZHS6ed9L5rOUqychM1YsL_l9HGm60h8jIEhD9VFAIkkVOC4xRM8KeBk5Xw80utYKp-lH-1klIqcITkNCqQELMqPJAF-LVynsDGbEioBd_h2nQi9MzJpLaSNoXem-13yNKaAI3pRi7oa0HseGgr6Hqa2RHLBnzppuBQrPs0KFVjaAZ2vLaqybpRPwdr8XXzDwiyoz9QE9yu-yZB=w1034-h775-no

12v direct to battery connector for a small air compressor in case of emergency. Few rear punctures of experience...

c8LjDbplOrGsBsNQOCERjU9dzHY4A_nlfwzdhKWl18EPSeGNzM9zWRjoFoC0-Uf53TFfi3PR7JZzYFFwTlIaJpzm-6TC_GaVNO6cWsOekVRBkpXOAJhb-2vswHqs8IsR8PjsKbK2A4ow5dHVpcpSOg5Bvu9UxWL2pagQu_kNAInZ-WIUxhyK9sGYjIvHXZ-TBx7_7hKAI_OjN943udlFY-K9REsDA-zZ2MX4IwGx4YjTaH6C17ZGlxmyLBZQ1quLyEE_G40clUcA6dvFUNFzTLk3b5qtZfMRTk5fR6Ut6Y7Qdt02acnf755jkZ9X8j0UwfkKazhZY2cS9t7qHXKSFVV3rVaUjhiTg4DNHhNqbw6RYC4qcTYrGyuU8GB5D-MH1rbQZXa6pBVGgv-0gOHXDe6xWdbKeLSfbvu4B-GYAdRDMOYmTpABErc2ou1vB_s3ohiT_fccRoIrV5qgLAbIfZJkK4DIzXC5L7eA7fAbaSajFXbDoKMZ6pn5HZjrUZRoek69HaH2nPjv3iZAolpdGVIqDYID1LHu-5JLp-x8jx26e7QSqmSHIapkXNOo9A2nwjZw=w549-h731-no

Next thing is to get my suspension adjusted by a friend. I'm planning to get the Givi sport windscreen and led turn signals.

0q4Yt8J.jpg

It's REALLY nice!

That seat does look comfy and a lot more padding on the seat than the FJ09.