What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, piotrek said:

Serviced the forks today. Replaced bushings, seals, and oil. I also took the polish off the stanchions a bit with 600 grit paper. The fork oil gets replaced once a year, but this was a second round of full(er) fork service on this bike (every ~40K km). I used the RaceTech inner bushings last time, but decided to go back to OE. No reason, other than I was already buying other parts from my local dealer and it was just easier. I did notice that the OE bushings are higher gauge steel, with less flex than the RaceTech set. Can't say if one is better than the other.. just a bit different.

fork_service.thumb.jpg.b62ee191776e01a609497eefe00f58af.jpg

The shock will have to wait another year... haven't decided where to send it. Kinda wish it were DIY rebuild-able. The Nitron was inexpensive up front, but now I am over a barrel a bit. Fast Bike Industries (NA cerified service centre) is no more... sold to Andreani USA. Maybe Accelerated Technologies (local shop) will help me out. 🤔

Sent my Nitron to Norwest in Idaho. The owner used to work for Race Tech. He ordered the rebuild kit from Nitron and took care of it. I think I paid 225.00 which included shipping back to me. That included a change for a less harsh ride. 

Dan

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
On 12/19/2022 at 9:50 AM, fr8dog said:

Sent my Nitron to Norwest in Idaho. The owner used to work for Race Tech. He ordered the rebuild kit from Nitron and took care of it.

Thanks. I remember that you sent it there. Good to know they were able to get the kit from Nitron. 👍

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

On 12/27/2022 at 8:34 AM, lolocastsb said:

I got my FJ09 a friend 

photo_2022-12-27_06-48-31.jpg

It's nice for your bikes to have family.  And the two work really well together; the T7 is excellent at the things the Tracer is not, and vice versa.  

image.thumb.jpeg.61eb7a633ab5e45daf2ece5de9195fdc.jpeg

Good times 😃

Edited by Wintersdark
Edit to remove duplicated image.
  • Thumbsup 4

• Premium Member

Reno doesn't get snow anywhere like Calgary unless you go high.

It's got to be miserable having to park on the street.

To me, that's at no way no how.  I used to have a rat bike for winter but I had a heated shop.

Now I'm too old and my blood has thinned out.

I hope my kid stays in San Diego cuz that's where I'm then going when it's cold...  

2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

To me, that's at no way no how.  I used to have a rat bike for winter but I had a heated shop.

I hope my kid stays in San Diego cuz that's where I'm then going when it's cold...  

we've got covered parking so I just stick my bikes in front of the truck and cover them up, disc lock, and lock them together with a huge chain. it's not too big of an issue actually.

if someone wanted to steal them they'd need to get through the big chain locking them together at minimum and then yank somebody's vehicle out with (won't be mine as I keep my parking brake on fully) or somehow pick the bikes up and carry them out between two cars. and at that point they can have the damn bikes LOL.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/27/2022 at 11:36 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Oh, I don't have to park on the street, I've got a garage.  However, my garage (both in the place pictured last year, and it the place I'm in now) is off an unmaintained laneway.  There's just a bit of ice there in front of my house, the roads are vaguely plowed and sanded.  The laneway is FAR worse, and getting in and out of the garage in particular is extremely sketchy as the laneway is just entirely smooth ice.  USUALLY, one bike is in the garage, but sometimes they're both out or both in.  In the winter, though, when the laneways are really bad a bit of snow on the bike is way less harmful than potentially dropping it trying to get in and out every day.  

If my garage was heated, that would be another matter entirely (I'd rather start a moderately warm bike vs. a frozen one), but alas, that's just not an option for me. 

But in all honesty, I'm a weenie now.  I can't handle cold.  I'm way, way warmer on my bike than in the Jeep as head to toe instant heat absolutely crushes waiting for an engine to warm up and sloooooowly heat the interior of a car, while holding onto a steering wheel that's twenty degrees below freezing.  

• Thumbsup 1

I installed my new Ohlins shock.  The initial test ride is already a drastic improvement over stock!...

I ordered it from Genialmotor in Italy and it arrived in one week..

KKSYVfv.jpg

g1vpIsI.jpg

lQ5gISJ.jpg

Edited by Boat
stupid image tag issues!!!
  • Thumbsup 5
  • Like 3