What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Yeah I unread previously how are you had a prepaid suspension service dealready to pull. I did my suspension make last season including lubing the swingarm and linkage so this winter I just have to check the top-end and throttle bodies.

I know you have the Scorpion slip on any thoughts about the Black Widow full system which I'm heavily leaning toward versus the delkevic which doesn't seem to have the quality the Black Widow does 2 year vs 1 year warranty. As I don't want to be overly loud I'm thinking of the 400 mm oval stainless can with the carbon exhaust tip which is supposed to be about the same loudness as20210101_194351.thumb.jpg.c5407c0e869df74b8500a57c4b782032.jpg the stock exhaust being a fair bit lighter and free or breathing. Then I have the option of pulling the DB killer if it's too quiet however unlikely.

I don't want to pee in your  punch bowl but DOT regulations don't allow amber running lights to the  rear.  Amber blinkers are fine but not solid amber, to the  rear.  Whether or not you might get cited for it is another matter. 

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, fjray said:

I don't want to pee in your  punch bowl but DOT regulations don't allow amber running lights to the  rear.  Amber blinkers are fine but not solid amber, to the  rear.  Whether or not you might get cited for it is another matter. 

Thanks, I know that but I've done the same thing on every bike going back to 1981 and not been stopped or cited for it.  I have been stopped by a WI Local Yokel in Waukesha Co or some stumblebutt co in Cheeseheadland for my Head Light Modulator.  He thought there was something wrong with the headlight.  I've been running a HLM since KRISS and Kisan came out with them in the early 80s, and always carried the USIDOT STATUTE TO EXPLAIN THEIR FUNCTION AND LEGALITY.  sorry for the caps...

I routinely have cagers pull over in front of me, a very few shake their fist or worse, others are clueless half brain dead mouthbreathers, more heading at me flash me, and surprisingly some often are nice enough to point it out but everyone sees me, which is the point of the matter.  I sometimes wear a SeeMee vest.  Adaptiv Tech, who makes a cool moto specific radar/laser detector used to make a electro-luminescent vest (now just a armored jacket which is really pretty cool too).

Conspicuity is 90% of staying alive, the other 10% is keeping rolling, as a shark drowns if it stops moving, and if you aren't there, they can't kill you.  In the early 70s I was a moto courier in San Francisco, so I learned that a moto is a great urban assault vehicle.  I used to commute into the "Loop" on the Edens and Kennedy Expwys.  But since cell phones got big I stopped...

jacket-green-front.jpg?v=1455035119

The GlowRider™ Electro-Luminescent Motorcycle Jacket features...

No input on a full exhaust system??

I added the Yamaha rack to my Tracer GT.  Now I'm looking for a 39L Yamaha top case.  Next projects are bigger, have a Neutrino Element and lights to add plus a radiator guard.  Will try to get all that done at the same time since have to pull the panels off.  Almost forgot the mini Sound Bomb I got for Christmas - another easy install.  

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

After a really wobbly windshield, I found 2 spiral cracks on the upper fairing stay on either side of the windshield brackets. Put JB weld on thr cracks. Made a@2and3cylinders z bracket, added a threaded rod to the lower stay and aluminum tubing and a bike QR to the upper stay. 

Added a screen protector over the display. It's got too many bubbles so I'll have to try again. 

Added longer spacers from my PIAA fog light mounting kit to the top of the windshield for winter riding. It puts the top of the shield in my line of sight, but I think it gives me just a little more wind protection. 

Tomorrow I'll add my new right side saddle plastic to finally replace the 2015 OE plastic that cracks at the seat. Still waiting for the left side to ship. 

0104212205a_HDR.jpg

0104212205_HDR.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

On 12/30/2020 at 3:16 PM, kilo3 said:

Santa gave us a full set of 12 oclock labs turn signals for my bike and the wife got lowering links and a bigger windshield.
Now to work up the courage to work in a frozen garage.
Wish Santa would have bought a garage heater instead, maybe the government will help with that in the form of a stimulus package that I'll be paying interest on for the next 70 years. 😧

Anything collected during the winter just stays in the box 'till April or so when things are a bit warmer.

Here in Northern MN we've actually had a very mild winter so far with temps in the low 30's all this week which is way above average. With the warmer temps, I did log some garage time this weekend, albeit with snowmobiles.

Someday I'll have a heated garage with a bonus man cave upstairs...

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, kilo3 said:

More parts coming in. Little worried about getting the heated grip off the throttle tube and back on the throttle tamer, but we'll see I guess.

50811094867_18a54976b2_c.jpg

If you have the OEM heated grips I'm afraid you may be disappointed as the heated grip comes bonded to the throttle tube as part of the assembly and I do not believe you can replace just the throttle tube and reinstall the heated grip...

54 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

If you have the OEM heated grips I'm afraid you may be disappointed as the heated grip comes bonded to the throttle tube as part of the assembly and I do not believe you can replace just the throttle tube and reinstall the heated grip...

Always brake cleaner I suppose. I already bought a new tube/grip if it goes south.

11 hours ago, Buggy Nate said:

Fit up some big metal gear discs with some spacers I made up on my 100 year old lathe. Still goes alright! Waiting on pads and bolts now.

Those are excellent @Buggy Nate. You could easily sell them to interested folks.

• Thumbsup 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

An old Bridgeport lathe?

It was a old foot powered lathe that the previous owner had adapted a electric motor to. I found the name before but can’t remember now. Very basic but it is true so it works well. Does need a better motor though.

• Premium Member

Wow that's a keeper when you get a new motor also see if you can restore the treadle pictures in the meantime are always appreciated for us toolaholics who appreciate craftsmanship and the genius that existed going back really thousands of years but since the Iron Age anyway LOL