Braided brake lines.... advice and recommendations

AndyW

Looking for kit recommendations and advice on fitting please.

@chitown ...you said in a now archived (closed) discussion:

Yes, installed (Galfers) myself. Have done brake lines on several bikes. Didn't really think anything was horrible about it. 

ABS adds time and effort to the job, more to remove and put back, fiddling with routing etc. Otherwise not much different from any other brake line replacement. Might want to plan to do it in conjunction with other maintenance. IIRC the included instructions were b&w but on the Galfers site the pdf includes color photos of routing on the FJ-09. As always refreshments, shop manual, patience are helpful. 

Usually experience better feel after doing lines but it's subjective. Would still be worth it if not since once the rubber lines are out shouldn't have to do it again :) 

Would you still have the kit code and a link to the install instructions?
Can't find anything on their EU or USA websites 😞

• Supporting Member

@AndyW - I did the Galfer 5-line set on my 2015 FJ-09 several years ago.  It wasn’t a difficult job, although perhaps a bit tedious getting everything correctly routed, aligned, and attached.   The quality is outstanding, and I have zero complaints.  

I’ve also heard great things about the Spiegler kits, although I have no personal experience with them.   

The Galfers appear to still be available for the FJ… you would need to verify if you have a newer-model Tracer.  

https://www.galferusa.com/shop/moto/lines/stainless-steel-5-line-kit-front-and-rear-included-multiple-lines-fk003d809-5/

• Thanks 1

Thanks, there is a UK importer for Galfer kits.

I have a 2018 GT and the lines you linked to are not compatible. I'll fire a message at Galfer.eu

Cheers 

• Thumbsup 1