Back to chain drive

roland

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, roland said:

I’m back to chain drive (eek)

Welcome to the forum

I own both chain and shaft drive bikes, (FJ09 and VFR1200X)  Chain drive isn't nearly as bad as claims on the internet make it out to be.  I spray the chain with lube at the end of each ride -done, but honestly don't remember the last time I had to adjust it.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Good to have you

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / GIVI DS2122S windscreen / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, betoney said:

Welcome to the forum

I own both chain and shaft drive bikes, (FJ09 and VFR1200X)  Chain drive isn't nearly as bad as claims on the internet make it out to be.  I spray the chain with lube at the end of each ride -done, but honestly don't remember the last time I had to adjust it.

Definitely agree. Reading online forums & discussion boards you'd think chain drives will ruin your marriage and get you fired from your job. Worst is when touring snobs/elitists claim a bike can't be a touring bike if it has a chain drive; while their touring bikes sees maybe 1,000mi/year only ideal weather riding and sits in the garage 10 out of 12 months.

I average roughly 22,000mi per chain only cleaning when it's visually dirty and applying lube after riding in the wet to prevent corrosion. I haven't had to adjust the chain tension on my Super Duke GT in 4,000mi either.

• Thumbsup 3

Welcome to the forum.  Hope you enjoy your Tracer.  I have 30,000 miles on my 2019 and it has been completely reliable.  Suspension mods have med it the perfect all around road bike for me.  I tour on it occasionally and easily keep up with the sport bike crowd in the twisties on the weekends.

Lots of good and helpful folks on this forum.  

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.