Tracer 9 TPS Defect | Engine Stalls | RPM Drops | Throttle Body

https://youtu.be/Lf4kiYhdoa4

(I don't know how to upload the video here.)

Hello.

I already contacted Yamaha Korea but they're irresponsible so I'm writing here.
I bought my bike from Yamaha Korea but had a problem only at 13000km.
So I went to a dealer to repair it and paid.
But the same problem happened after a 1000km ride.
And they told me to pay again to repair it.

I'm very disappointed with Yamaha Korea.
Is there anything I can do?

Edited by EMINEM

• EMINEM changed the title to Tracer 9 TPS Defect | Engine Stalls | RPM Drops | Throttle Body
  • Supporting Member

Hi,

What model year is your Tracer? Also, can you clarify what you mean by "repair"?

Is the dealership cleaning the electrical contacts and re-aligning your sensor? Or did they replace your original TPS with a new one?

1 hour ago, jthayer09 said:

Hi,

What model year is your Tracer? Also, can you clarify what you mean by "repair"?

Is the dealership cleaning the electrical contacts and re-aligning your sensor? Or did they replace your original TPS with a new one?

They said they checked valve clearance and vacuum gauge.

• Supporting Member

I think the dealership you went to is very irresponsible like you said, possibly intentionally incompetent. Here are the two solutions that work for most.

2021 model year Tracer used a TPS part (#B3L-85885-00-00) that had issues and was replaced in 2022 (#B3L-85885-01-00) on all Yamaha bikes.

You can try cleaning the contacts on your TPS by following my instructions in this post:

This solved my TPS problems on my 2021 Tracer 9 until I sold it, and it took me maybe 5 minutes.

The permanent fix is to replace your TPS with part # B3L-85885-01-00. You can see it as part #14 on the side of your throttle bodies:

OTQ3MTkzMA-c5cf1008.png

The part is reasonably cheap in the U.S. and getting to it isn't too difficult, gas tank and airbox removal is required. But installation requires position alignment, you should have a shop manual for this if you want to do it yourself. 

On 10/8/2024 at 2:41 AM, jthayer09 said:

I think the dealership you went to is very irresponsible like you said, possibly intentionally incompetent. Here are the two solutions that work for most.

2021 model year Tracer used a TPS part (#B3L-85885-00-00) that had issues and was replaced in 2022 (#B3L-85885-01-00) on all Yamaha bikes.

You can try cleaning the contacts on your TPS by following my instructions in this post:

This solved my TPS problems on my 2021 Tracer 9 until I sold it, and it took me maybe 5 minutes.

The permanent fix is to replace your TPS with part # B3L-85885-01-00. You can see it as part #14 on the side of your throttle bodies:

OTQ3MTkzMA-c5cf1008.png

The part is reasonably cheap in the U.S. and getting to it isn't too difficult, gas tank and airbox removal is required. But installation requires position alignment, you should have a shop manual for this if you want to do it yourself. 

Thank you very much, bro.

It actually worked just by cleaning TPS.

Still, MIL appears sometimes but I'll also sell it since the bike runs fine.

• Thumbsup 1