First ride (2018 GT)....

It'll take a bit more adapting to against riding it's stable mate, a 2020 Superduke 1290R!. But I like it.... I get why so many owners enthuse about the Tracer 900. Fun 😁👍

Surprised at how light and nimble it feels (not exactly a light bike).... really keen to turn into corners (all the more surprising as my new to me bike has an end of life badly squared off rear tyre! [Road 6 GT's.... GT's for touring I suppose - less than 1mm to wear bars mid tyre] )

Good fun to ride.... better still when I can stop changing up too soon 😆 (a KTM vs mMT09 revs thing;-)

Why haven't Yamaha done a 1200 version?! 😲

When riding at pace on curvy roads I like to ride with the front of the balls of my feet on the pegs... I haven't got super large feet and don't wear chunky motocross boots but my heels were fouling the pillion peg brackets. Something I'll have to get used to I guess.

I found the gear change a bit agricultural at times... quite often a bit of a 'snick' into gear and occasionally more of a 'clunk'. And I missed a couple 🫢

## Gear linkage adjustment?

## Clutch cable adjustment? (not had a bike that didn't have an hydraulic clutch for about 20 years!)

At low speeds I was hearing a transmission whining type of sound. Not ridden another Tracer/MT09 so nothing to compare against. Normal? Chain adjusted to 45mm slack 😉

Fcuking wind noise!!!! ....with an MRA Vario screen. Adjusting the aerofoil made little difference (right down best).

I have a Shoei Neotec III, one of the quietest lids around AND wear custom ear plugs... and even at 30 to 40 mph the wind noise was intrusive. Any faster and it was uncomfortably LOUD!

But no buffeting.

I have a tiny little fly screen on my 1290 and can cruise at 70+ speeds in perfect comfort.

🏍️🏍️🏍️🏍️🏍️🏍️

Edited by AndyW

I have a 2019.  One of the things I like best about the bike is how light it feels going in and out of curves on a twisty road.  I can really toss this bike around with ease, and it is still very comfortable for long trips with the luggage loaded.  It's a good one bike for everything solution.

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.