Longevity of a Tracer 900 GT

Stylo Steve

I know this is a loaded question but on a well maintained not so flogged every time you ride it Tracer 900 GT, how many miles can these things go? I do a lot of long trips and have 25K on my 2019 Tracer 900 GT and was just wonder what king of milage people are experiencing before these engines and transmissions start to let go or get too loose where it's time to get a replacement bike. 

• Supporting Member

I'm right at 85,000 miles on my 2015 and it still feels tight and strong.  I wouldn't hesitate to leave on a road trip tomorrow.

• Thumbsup 5

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

You're in luck, these tend to be reliable bikes.

• Thumbsup 3

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / GIVI DS2122S windscreen / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member

I’m at 130k miles on my 2015. She still runs as good as the day I brought her home with 6. I wouldn’t hesitate to ride her across the country tomorrow. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Let’s go Brandon

13 hours ago, betoney said:

I'm right at 85,000 miles on my 2015 and it still feels tight and strong.  I wouldn't hesitate to leave on a road trip tomorrow.

Thank you for the reply 85K is a good run. 

I ride my ‘19 GT back & forth between Charlotte, NC and Tampa FL frequently, never had an issue. That said, I make sure to stay on top of maintenance items (valve lash, TB sync, chain & sprockets, etc.). I take good care of my bike, so it takes care of me. I find this bike is pretty easy to work on, so it’s a enjoyable rather than a pain in the butt usually. :)

Edited by denveryzf
Typo
  • Thumbsup 1

I’ve put about 105,000 miles total on several bikes with the Yamaha triple since my original ‘15 FJ09, with complete reliability experienced. One long time poster who goes by olddawg, had over 300,000 miles on his original FJ 09, with no significant issues. I would not worry at all about wearing one of these bikes out if reasonable care is provided.

Edited by kingfisher