Flashing Suspension Control Unit: Tuning Electronic Suspension

Hello All! 

I’ve been searching for awhile online about whether or not someone’s found a way to flash or otherwise tune the KYB KADS electronic suspension on the Gen 3 T9GT’s. The suspension on my ‘21 is pretty nice and the two suspension settings work for most scenarios, however, I’d love to be able to play with the system a bit. 

it appears that the KADS suspension system is used in snowmobiles as well, but it doesn’t seem that anyone has cracked the suspension control unit. 

Hoping someone here might have a line on someone who has done this or is maybe working on such a system. 

Thanks!

-Crockett Josh

Interesting on the suspension system. I'll have to research this too as I agree the 2 settings is somewhat ok but would love to dial it in more. 

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, CrockettJosh said:

Hello All! 

I’ve been searching for awhile online about whether or not someone’s found a way to flash or otherwise tune the KYB KADS electronic suspension on the Gen 3 T9GT’s. The suspension on my ‘21 is pretty nice and the two suspension settings work for most scenarios, however, I’d love to be able to play with the system a bit.

I agree with you, I have ridden the FJR and Super Tenere with the previous version of ES which had many settings to fine tune and I wish there was more than 2 settings on the Tracer. 

As far as I know, you can swap springs to get the correct rate for your weight but there is no way to reprogram the damping software.

The suspension has been one thing that I have always wondered about with the Gen III GT/GT+.  The reviews all rave about the motor and modern electronics and sometimes it is mentioned that it has ES but there is never any review that gushes about it being outstanding like some of the Euro models. 

Quality suspension operation has always been key with me for riding enjoyment, whether its touring comfort or compliance and control in corners, I need it to be outstanding or very close to it.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

The problem with pretty much all Japanese bikes is they are undersprung, where the American or Euro bikes have stiffer springs. Yamaha still hasn't spent enough money or effort on a premium suspension on a touted premium motorcycle.......my opinion.