Tracer 9 GT 2021 - Throttle Issue, Cold Start, Engine Jerking & Sputtering

2 months I have been looking for a solution to this problem until last night, I fixed it without replacing anything.

Anyway, first I will tell you the issue I am encountering which most of us have in common.

1. On cold start, if the temp is below 70-80 degrees celsius, the engine will cut off if you rev the throttle
2. Engine will run fine above 70 degrees celsius but you will still feel throttle jerking on take off or even on cruising below 3-4k rpm.
3. Engine Light keeps coming back (related to tps)
4. I also experience during cruising - sometimes the bike feels like bike is being choked causing no acceleration (feels like there's no gas coming in) and when you turn off the bike and on it will go back to normal.

Here is the fix that I did, and my observation: This is TPS related issue wherein the TPS is mounted on the throttle body is a little less than the normal position.

For the fix: You need to adjust the TPS mounting for about 1mm - 2mm to the right. (Be gentle on loosening the TPS screw cause you might move the TPS mounting position too far while turning the screw) Tools Needed: Allen screw / Flower Wrench Steps:

1. Loosen the First screw on the left - just one turn is enough just to loosen the screw, don't overturn.
2. Looses the second screw on the right side - (same don't over-turn, loosening one turn is enough)
3. Move the position of the tps to the right. try first a very small change about 1mm - 2mm.
4. Tighten the first screw and test (Start the bike - rev, wait 1 minute to observe)
5. You fix the issue. Note: In case you over-turn the adjustment to the right, just turn it gently to the left until you reach the correct position.

So to summarize. It seems like the mounting of the TPS is set to negative angle position cause the throttle to sputter & jerky acceleration. Now that TPS is set normally to 0 position, the idling is corrected so next time you squeeze the throttle, it will not give the correct Throttle Position to the ECU and it will give the normal amount of air/fuel mixture.

PS: Just be gentle on the adjustment and don't worry it will fix your issue. No need to TPS, throttle body replacement.

Also this fix is also shared to me by someone having similar issue, at first i didn't do it cause I don't want to touch the tps position but yeah this is the solution now. Works 100%.

Edited by Jeric
  • Thumbsup 1