Picking up 2022 Tracer this Wednesday!

For the past 5 years I've been riding a 2017 V-Strom 650XT.

Have had my eye out for a 2021+ Tracer 9 for the past year and was just patiently waiting for the right deal to come along. Picked up a 2022 Tracer 9 GT that the guy bought new off the showroom floor only 2 months ago but has to part with it for health reasons. Only has 2000KM on it and just had it's 1000KM service.

Looking forward to riding the hell out of it. Put some miles on it before I decide what if anything I need to upgrade. Already have the seat slope mod part bookmarked and know that the two most common areas to address are the windshield and the seat. 

• Thumbsup 4

Former Strom owner myself "have owned 3", these Tracers are fabulous machines in comparison......be sure to report back on what you think.

Will do.

Have already ordered the Pyramid front and rear fender extensions, the seat slope mod, and the cheap windshield extension from Amazon to clip on the stock shield. Will be using my air hawk from my old bike so the hope is with that air hawk and the slope mod I won't have to invest in a new seat but we'll see. 

Windshield will probably be on the hit list as I am just shy of 6' and from what I'm reading buffeting may be an issue.

I bought a new 22 recently. I did the seat slope mod kit and it's worked out well for me. The seat breaks in nicely after a few hundred miles. 

I just put an MRA sportscreen on it also. Nice difference compared to the factory screen IMO. 

On 7/15/2024 at 7:04 AM, darryldale said:

Windshield will probably be on the hit list as I am just shy of 6' and from what I'm reading buffeting may be an issue.

I'm 5'9" and have a 2021 with 11,000+ miles with the stock windscreen.  Traveled around Lake Superior with my cousin from Toronto.  I found the sweet spot for the screen is the middle position.  No buffeting or excessive noise other than what is present in my helmet.

Enjoy the Tracer, it's a very good all round bike.