Summer Jeans

Heli ATP

I thought Kevlar lined jeans were the way to go, however they are very hot during summer. I've come across Twaron and Armalith jeans that seem to have the fiber woven into the denim as opposed to the denim been lined with Kevlar. Twaron and Armalith claim to be stronger and cooler to wear than Kevlar. Any real world experiences regarding comfort and abrasion resistance with these options?

• Supporting Member

No comment on Twaron or Armalith as fibers. But, there are many single layer aramid jeans on the market that have the fiber woven in the denim as opposed to having an additional liner behind the denim. Most notably Rev'it jeans are made this way. Except for the sub $200 range I'm fairly positive all aramid jeans are now single layer, I tried on many pairs of riding jeans before keeping the ones I liked and sent the ones I didn't back to RevZilla, and only the super cheap pair (Scorpion I think?) had an aramid liner.

Outside of single vs. dual layer, the fabric weight is going to be the most important factor for airflow. I can wear super thin 11oz normal jeans in the summer and be ok until about 85F. My Revit Lombard 3 are 15oz Cordura denim, impossible to wear in the summer; but my Revit Detroit jeans are 12.5oz and are super comfortable in the summer with the wind chill on the bike.

• Thumbsup 1

Jeans "no matter the variant" and Summer/HOT just doesn't go hand in hand IMHO, there are so many great mesh textile gear options out there with really good armor, I cannot imagine wearing anything else except for my Aerostich Darien light britches.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Jeans "no matter the variant" and Summer/HOT just doesn't go hand in hand IMHO, there are so many great mesh textile gear options out there with really good armor, I cannot imagine wearing anything else except for my Aerostich Darien light britches.

Those pants do look good and appear to be feature filled.  And I guess they'd need to be at US$537.

That converts to nearly AU$800 today - before freight!  Ouch.

Nice pants though.

• Thumbsup 2