Five RFX3 EVO gloves

knyte

• Supporting Member

I've been searching and searching for a gauntleted glove for summer or warm weather riding.  I have a pair of street gloves, but more often than not I wish for the glove to fit over the cuff of my jacket.  I just don't want that strong breeze up my sleeve; I prefer airflow to be dispersed through the mesh jacket instead.

Went into a local store recently and tried on several pairs of this and that.  Landed on a pair of Five RFX3 EVO and they felt GREAT.  They aren't cheap; ~$250 CAD, but seem to be extremely high quality and has all the abrasion resists in the areas I'd want.  Perhaps SLIGHTLY lacking in the heel of your palm but there is a small slider there, so it's a minor nitpick at best.  The other very minor nitpick might be that the inside thumbs are made of such a suple leather (goat, I believe) that it can sometimes sort of bunch up and create a wrinkle or crease and was a bit irriating after gripping the handlebars a while.  By no means is this a showstopper and I've more or less 'trained' it to be flat now.  The leather sections are held together by a stretchy spandex-type material in key places; and, along with the venting in the fingers and knuckles, seem to provide plenty of airflow.  The palm-side of the fingers also have a few perforations for airflow.  Touchscreen compatable, if that matters to anyone.

They "feel" nice and thin and I can feel all the controls and such as I'd want to, yet they're beefy enough that I feel well protected.  No more draft up the sleeve!

I had no clue these are marketed as a 'racing' glove until I got home and was looking something up online.  Frankly, I'm glad I didn't hear any of the marketing else I might not have found them.  I would be using them for street & touring.  What works, works!

Black on black suits me best - there is a version with white accents, as well as a version with orange - each to their own.

https://five-gloves.com/en/glove/rfx3-evo-3/

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member

Thanks for the review, I'll look for some on sale 🙂

How is te sizing, are they true to size?

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
17 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

are they true to size?

I have such oddball hands; short, stubby fingers but wide palms and disporportionatly large thumbs, so I can't really offer much there.  I just tried a pair or two until I found something that fit.  I think they're a large.

They do have a measurement chart:

https://cdn.five-gloves.com/wp-content/themes/five/img/FIVE_SIZECHART_2023_V4B.pdf

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

I'm with you knyte, Five large are the only gloves I've been able to wear for years because of the big palm short fingers thing.

Tried nearly every brand, keep going back which makes it hard as most Oz shops have stopped stocking Five.

• Thumbsup 1